News   Jun 03, 2024
 928     4 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 651     1 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

I don't think it's a sense of entitlement per se for most (they aren't THAT bold) - but the simple fact that they can do it with absolutely no consequences, and of course even the tiniest bit of litter sends a very strong message that is acceptable. Well, beer bottles are small change, I saw someone *smoking* (!!!) at St. George the other day. Seriously.

AoD

... don't you feel that if the TTC campaigns and asks their customer to clean up after themselves that there would be some sort of revolt? I have a feeling alot of customers with be saying "I have to play X amount of dollars to ride the TTC and they have the gull to ask me to clean up my trash?
I don't think so at all.

Also, the focus of the campaign could simply be to correct the misbelief that some clients have that leaving their newspaper on the train is a good thing. This might be far more effective as it is focussing on otherwise responsible people.

Can someone remind me how often now we're getting deliveries of new Rockets, and how many we currently have in service? I saw three at the Wilson yard, one at the Downsview platform, and a fifth at the yard which was unmated at the centre and a black 'Bombardier' tarp covering the open end. Seems we have 5 train sets from what I could see, and how ever many might have been in service elsewhere at the time.

I agree with you nfitz, however, don't you feel that if the TTC campaigns and asks their customer to clean up after themselves that there would be some sort of revolt? I have a feeling alot of customers with be saying "I have to play X amount of dollars to ride the TTC and they have the gull to ask me to clean up my trash? They should be doing it?" -- a sort of "what have you done for me lately?" attitude?

trash-of-the-titans1.png

One thing about the new subway cars: they have a way of imprinting the name "Makrolon" on our consciousness

I was confused by this as well until the other day when I was exiting a new train at Downsview. At the very last second as I was about to step off, I saw the Makrolon label in an empty ad space. At that moment, so much of the universe suddenly made sense. :)

The new cars, with less seating than the old ones, make the journey more of a "cattle car" experience, and therefore less pleasant.

Were TR set 5381-5386 and TR set 5391-5396 just prototype trains because I have not seen them in the tunnels or at Wilson Yard in the last couple of months.

The new cars, with less seating than the old ones, make the journey more of a "cattle car" experience, and therefore less pleasant.
I thought the T1's had 66 seats per car, while the middle 4 cars of the new TRs had 68 seats, and the end units had 60 seats (presumably 4 of those are lost because of the expanded drivers cabs.)

So if you sit in one of the cars with 68 seats, would the experience be more pleasant?

Perhaps they could add a dining car, serving tea?

Perhaps then you'd enjoy a ride on Boston's "Big Red" train, which has absolutley no seats. The people in Boston didn't seem to care that they couldn't sit down...

noseats.jpg

Back