News   May 17, 2024
 3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Saw a TR in training today at Finch Station, then saw another TR in service...still haven't had the chance to ride one yet >_<"

Anyone know how many sets are currently in service? I remember someone said two...

I finally got to ride one! I really liked the ride. Very smooth. Spacious and bright interior. I wasn't on during rush hour, so I can't comment on how it functioned when it was busy, but it was a great ride!

Anyone notice that the brakes feel a bit different from the old trains? I figure it's because they're automated, but they feel a bit more intense and consistent for a longer period of time, rather than the sort of erratic breaking you feel on the old trains. Kind of weird!

Saw a TR parked at Finch station today...by the looks of it, it's another training train...when will I ever get a chance to set foot on the new train? What is currently going on with the other new trainsets?

Anti-Rob Ford graffiti takes new subway train out of service

From The Star at this link:

Anti-Rob Ford graffiti takes new subway train out of service

Liem Vu

A new Toronto Rocket subway train was temporarily out of commission Tuesday after a vandal spray painted “F--- Rob Ford” in the interior. Wonder if they could use London's facial software to search for the guy, if they don't have it already.

The vandal noticed the security camera and spray painted the lens as well, said TTC spokesman Brad Ross.

The train — one of two new Toronto Rocket subway trains — was taken out of service briefly while TTC staff removed the graffiti.

“We don’t know if there are any witnesses,” said Ross, noting that images from the camera have been retrieved as part of an ongoing investigation.

Since his campaign, Mayor Rob Ford has pledged to eliminate graffiti around the city. Graffiti artists have shot back with various works including stencils depicting a caricature of Ford devouring a TTC vehicle.

Not very bright dummy, your image has been recorded as you did the graffiti and spraying the camera.

Last edited:
Rode the new train today, very quiet, bright and clean as many have stated already. The PA system is crystal clear, but I found the announcement about staying clear of the doors to be mistimed with the actual door closing. The announcement would come when the doors are already closed. The interior domes seem wider. The seats are closer to the perimeter of the train, giving a slightly wider aisle. The space at the ends of each car around the AC unit has no poles for people to hold onto. The polls close to the seats is way too high up and too close to the seats. They should fix this by adding some grab bars or putting one pole there, cuz otherwise I don't see how people can stand there'd during rush hour. More falls likely and more delays.

I haven't got a chance to ride the new trains yet.
I think the announcements are a good idea, especially for the visually impaired.
I just think the should add "The doors are on your right/left." and "You can transfer to the ....line." good for the visually impaired and tourist.

The total announcement could be

"This stop is St. George. St. George Station.
The doors are on your left/right.
You can transfer to the Bloor line."

The new announcements do mention that a station is an interchange station, but they don't say to where.

Back