Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

when I visited the sale soffice, ICE was only selling the west tower ... their staff wasn't able to provide when the east tower (phase 2) would be going to market

I vote to remove the umlauts (sp?) from above the I in the word Ice, because it makes finding this thread in search difficult.

I love how the umlaut actually ruins the pronounciation-- its utterly inappropriate to the condo's name. LOL

It's cool to stick umlauts over everything these days. In a smoothie bar in Ottawa they stuck an umlaut above a 'T'!!

How do you even go about pronouncing that?!?

The umlaut thing is pretty lame - akin to reversing Rs to make something look Russian. Very gimmicky, not very cool.

isn't this suppose to be Scandinavian? How did German get used? Actually does Scandinavians use umlaut?

is this slow or what

back to the topic of ICE condos ... passing by this week, it suddenly dawned on me that:

ICE's presentation centre is taking forever to construct ;)... and for some reason, I believe it is slow I N T E N T I O N A L L Y to delay opening in the current ugly RE market

back to the topic of ICE condos ... passing by this week, it suddenly dawned on me that:

ICE's presentation centre is taking forever to construct ;)... and for some reason, I believe it is slow I N T E N T I O N A L L Y to delay opening in the current ugly RE market

This makes sense.

isn't this suppose to be Scandinavian? How did German get used? Actually does Scandinavians use umlaut?

There are no languages in the world that use an umlaut over an "i" - though many languages (including English) use the identical diaeresis. Diaeresis is where two consecutive vowels are each pronounced distinctly as their own syllables as opposed to diphthongization, etc. For example, the word "naïve," the French word "maïs," etc. I don't think it is ever used by itself - and certainly not at the begining of a word - in any European language. With regards to pronunciation, as the usage of "Ã" in isolation makes absolutely no sense, you can really pronounce it however you want.

In the Cyrillic alphabet, a similar letter is used in Ukrainian to represent the /ji/ sound.

Back