Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Well they would have to delay a VERY long time on that sales centre, because the market is not going to get any better for years.

28 February 2009 photo update

dsc02072sm4.jpg

is this the presentation centre??? if so, then that's very elaborate. very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this the presentation centre??? if so, then that's very elaborate. very impressive.

Indeed, it is. Hopefully an indication of good things to come.

If they were really going for an "ice" design, shouldn't the presentation centre at least be white?? I actually really like the overall design, but the beige doesn't fit in.
Wow, what am I saying?? It's a rpesentation centre, it's gonna be gone soon. PLease excuse the randomness above.

Word on the street has it if these condos on both towers are succesfully sold, Cadillac Fairview will be excavating one big dig for all three towers. Hard to believe that they would build a 31 storey office building without a main tennant,but then again in 3-4 years when finished things might not look so bad.

this was put up without a foundation right? just like a portable?
i wish there were some more cool looking modern buildings like this up in the arctic. :cool: ..... sorry just being random.

Word on the street has it if these condos on both towers are succesfully sold, Cadillac Fairview will be excavating one big dig for all three towers. Hard to believe that they would build a 31 storey office building without a main tennant,but then again in 3-4 years when finished things might not look so bad.

They may very well find a tenant before they start excavating. I don't think we'll be seeing excavation on this one for at least a year.

I don't know where you are hearing that, but the sales figures you are suggesting are a bit on the optimistic side. There is still a long way to go for this project on the sales & marketing side and there are a number of other unresolved issues that are unrelated to marketing.

I also find it very hard to believe that they would build a 31 storey office building without a main tenant.

I don't know where you are hearing that, but the sales figures you are suggesting are a bit on the optimistic side. There is still a long way to go for this project on the sales & marketing side and there are a number of other unresolved issues that are unrelated to marketing.

I also find it very hard to believe that they would build a 31 storey office building without a main tenant.
I was just thinking that, this development isn't even approved yet. The city had significant concerns about the proposal.

But if, for the sake of the argument, it were approved and both condo towers were sold out and financed, it might make sense to build the foundations for all 3 towers and not actually build the office tower.

I was just thinking that, this development isn't even approved yet. The city had significant concerns about the proposal.

But if, for the sake of the argument, it were approved and both condo towers were sold out and financed, it might make sense to build the foundations for all 3 towers and not actually build the office tower.

Well yes in a perfect world there are efficiencies to be achieved with a coordinated approach to construction. But it isn't a perfect world and financing will be virtually impossible to achieve without some structural changes that have broader ramifications across the development industry in the GTA (and Canada).

Back