News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 562     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

To be creative is, in fact, Canadian (MARGARET ATWOOD)

pcgraphpng.php

I have really started shifting to the right in the last year.

Like I use to support Abortion 100%.
Now the idea of having "Abortions for convenience" sickens and disgusts me.

I sometimes find it hard to understand how some companies break Laws...
I get surprised there are so many rules and such.

Also if you can work and chose not to, imo you can go to hell.

Other thoughts, I am quite an elitist sometimes and I really think the Govt cannot really be for the people all the time. So I do agree with some Authoritarian principles because I have rather low opinion of humanity in general.

I don't know if it is so surprising that I am moderately libertarian.

I am more authoritarian but ever so slightly to the left of you actually....

It is curious to see how this translates into votes. Yes, I went Con this time, but if the PC were around I would have rather voted for them and if the Liberals shift back to the centre, I'll vote for them for sure.

You know what Churchill said.....

Other thoughts, I am quite an elitist sometimes and I really think the Govt cannot really be for the people all the time. So I do agree with some Authoritarian principles because I have rather low opinion of humanity in general.

You, sir, have all the makings of a fine Mussolini....;)

I am more authoritarian but ever so slightly to the left of you actually....

It is curious to see how this translates into votes. Yes, I went Con this time, but if the PC were around I would have rather voted for them and if the Liberals shift back to the centre, I'll vote for them for sure.

If you're to the left of me and voted Conservative, I am truly baffled. I suppose I could conceivably vote for the CPC. I have two stumbling blocks: Harper's lack of scruples, and wrongheaded economic and justice policies. I'm really not a fiscal liberal by any stretch.

If you're to the left of me and voted Conservative, I am truly baffled. I suppose I could conceivably vote for the CPC. I have two stumbling blocks: Harper's lack of scruples, and wrongheaded economic and justice policies. I'm really not a fiscal liberal by any stretch.

There's a first for everything. The only other time I have voted Conservative was for John Tory. I am not a Harper fan, I just thinking the Liberals need to clean house a little. I think they need a year or two on the bench for catharsis.

You know what Churchill said.....

I heard that was false, but what explains the massive amount of Tory support over the age of 45?

Why I am shifting right? Well I was once believe it or not an idealist. Now I am man who is dissapointed by humanity and the world and I have become cold blooded realist. I never say "things should be like this". I now says "things are like this"

About my liking of Authoritarian principles, Obama is one as well. He says human rights and such not be put to popular votes (referendums) or to State legislators. What he was saying was that he thinks that just because a majority says something, it does not have to be respected.

People can be wrong and imo Govts have to make decisions and have ideas that are contrary to popular opinion.

Anyways I am bit of a fiscal conservative but I am not fixated on getting taxes low, because you fall into "Mike Harris fallacy"...

Which is that you go "hey I am paying lower taxes, YIPPIE!!!!"

Then a year or two latter you "hey why are the teachers on strike?"

"Hey! why are Hospitals turning people away?"

"Hey! why are schools crumbling?"

Imo broad based tax cuts are generally useless unless you have a massive surplus. In a tight balanced situation there should be more targeted tax cuts focuses on stimulating the economy.

After all I've said, here are my results (I change my mind quite frequently, so I'm gonna retake the test when I'm in a better mood.)

pcgraphpng.php

So, perhaps of all you on UT, I'm really more of a centrist? I believe in fairness to all, with perhaps a slightly conservative side....

we are mostly Centrist who are little to the left or the right.

Who are a bit Authoritarian or a bit Libertarian.

That imo reflects the view of most Canadians and whichever part captures this centre always win.

Now it is a battle between the Liberals and Tories and the Tories had the upper hand.

Like I use to support Abortion 100%.
Now the idea of having "Abortions for convenience" sickens and disgusts me.

I sometimes find it hard to understand how some companies break Laws...
I get surprised there are so many rules and such.

Also if you can work and chose not to, imo you can go to hell.

Was it the graph that made you "shift to the right"?

I'm just curious as to what you mean by "abortions of convenience," and why they sicken and disgust you?

So you have an admitted to a rather low opinion of humanity. Do you bother to make any distinctions?

I don't view it as a "battle." Just the fact Ontarians traditionally hate poor English speakers from Quebec.... (Unless the previous PM had just introduced some silly unpopular GST....)

I worked for Elections Canada yesterday, out of curiosity, and was amazed at the number of people that said "Quebecois Frenchies like Dion are _____." And this was in a downtown, "cosmopolitan" riding.... So imagine, a suburban or rural Ontario riding's view of Dion...!

that is why I am saying its time the Liberals go back to being Ontario focused. Toronto is almost certain to get a Liberal leader.

Was it the graph that made you "shift to the right"?

I'm just curious as to what you mean by "abortions of convenience," and why they sicken and disgust you?

So you have an admitted to a rather low opinion of humanity. Do you bother to make any distinctions?

No, I have been listening to people on the news and reading things, and over the years I use to disagree with the Conservative pundits. Now I am agreeing more with what they say. Why? I am not sure...

My meaning about how I have low opinion of humanity is my belief on how good or smart humanity truly is. It does mean that I do not care about others or that I am not a compassionate individual.

It is more about the relationship between the people and the Government and how the Government can be sometimes right even if the majority does not.

abortions of convenience

They are abortions that are done by women not because they are poor and cannot sustain a child, not because they cannot bear a child.

They are abortions that are done by women, who cannot settle down and control their lust. Meaning go have sex all you want but do not get pregnant if you do not intend to have a child. I am really talking about women in their late 20's and 30's and not teens and and young adults. Lets say "sex and the city" type women.

If you do get pregnant and your not in a bad economic position, the child is normal, I think its morally wrong if a women aborts a child just because they do not feel like having a child. That is Abortions of convenience.

It is not a hard line or a very socially conservative view at all really.

The problem is really there is no real policy one can bring to change this. It is really just a personal opinion and something I find to be terribly wrong.

However, I also believe in compulsorily voting...
- I believe in city States

I don't see why conservatives get themselves so worked up over abortion. But then, I don't understand religion, so perhaps that's it.

I worked for Elections Canada yesterday, out of curiosity, and was amazed at the number of people that said "Quebecois Frenchies like Dion are _____." And this was in a downtown, "cosmopolitan" riding.... So imagine, a suburban or rural Ontario riding's view of Dion...!

Reminds me of the invective that was in Quebec when I lived there. by the same token, the now famous ad protesting cuts to cultural funding did mock anglophones.

I don't see why conservatives get themselves so worked up over abortion. But then, I don't understand religion, so perhaps that's it.

Why do Liberals go crazy over arts program cuts?

Its because they are issues that are close to your heart.

Imo a lot of people support Abortions without ever thinking about what it really is. They are told they must support it or else they are a crazy right wing fundamentalist.
I thought about Abortion hard one day and I mostly support it apart from a few exceptions. Once I looked at the issue instead of blindly supporting it, it made me think differently about all of different political view points.

However, I am still a Liberal supporter but I really vote for the Liberal party of yesterday.

They are abortions that are done by women, who cannot settle down and control their lust. Meaning go have sex all you want but do not get pregnant if you do not intend to have a child. I am really talking about women in their late 20's and 30's and not teens and and young adults. Lets say "sex and the city" type women.

Many people who have abortions used birth control responsibly, but that control failed. Would you force them to remain pregnant?

When speaking of abortion, we are talking about the right of people to control what is happening to their bodies. How exactly do you have a right to control what happens to their body? I'd like to see you rationalize that perceived right in hard terms rather than invoking how you merely feel about something, or trying to control the sexual activity of other people.

When you speak of morality, on what rationale would you force all pregnant women to give birth? It Strikes me as immoral to essentially force someone to live to your standards - particularly since you won't be getting pregnant.

Back