News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 880     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

Disagree. Not in defense of Tim's........... but to clarify, Starbucks is every bit as an awful.
McDonalds is my go to place for coffee when I’m on the road. I’ve given up cow squeezings and plant-based whiteners years ago. Once you go black, you can‘t go back, so it had better be good.

I still prefer a spot of milk in my coffee, but I've long, long, long given up on sugar. You'll never go back once you do a week without (and taste the coffee).
Agreed. I can't drink coffee with sugar. Occasionally I will try a Starbucks dessert beverage concoction but it can't be too sweet.

I still prefer a spot of milk in my coffee, but I've long, long, long given up on sugar. You'll never go back once you do a week without (and taste the coffee).
I as well. I find it helps take of any edge that the brew may have. Milk preferred; cream or half and half if necessary; never the powered stuff.

I was drinking so much coffee with sugar that it was affecting my weight so I went cold turkey to an almost immediate benefit. I see people ordering a triple-triple or quad-quad and think: 'seriously - you clearly don't even like coffee'. If it's to be social, I can get it. One shift I had included a marathoner so when the coffee run went out he ordered hot water, just to be part of the social element if it.

This annoying chain keeps opening new locations - doesn't sound like much of a terminal decline.
Fast growth in business can sometimes be a precursor to a significant downturn. Per franchise revenue is down.

On another tack, here‘s some Timibies complaining about a new location.

Last edited:
This annoying chain keeps opening new locations - doesn't sound like much of a terminal decline.
I always interpreted this thread as discussing the decline in service, quality, offerings, etc. I don't follow the numbers but I get no sense of a financial decline. I can't think of a location ever closing for want of business.

On another tack, here‘s some Timibies complaining about a new location.
At least it doesn't have a drive-through (yet).

Looks like a fair amount of buzz for the new Tims location in South Korea:

Seems like Tim horton in international location do better in terms of renovation design, menu offering and customer service...it's just so sub par in Canada...what a shame!

Of course, because they're par-baked in factory now, they lack the retro taste/texture.

That is what my mother said.

She worked at Tim's in 1993 over at Markham and Lawrence. They baked everything at Brimley and Lawrence and shipped them to the stores in the area.

She mentioned how different the dutchies are now compared to then. Back then they were well made donuts with less glaze, now they are sugar coated donuts that are smaller and cheap.

For people who do not know any better Tim's is not as good as it was. Prior to the late 90s, Tim's made some quality donuts, cakes and pies. When they brought in Sandwiches, Soups and Bread Bowls things went downhill.

People like to say Tims is an iconic Canadian store when it reality it is a shell of a shell of what it used to be.

Restaurant Brands seems rosy about its future. They are looking to have 1,000 Tim's locations in the U.S. by 2028.

Also, in their never-ending quest, they want to expand their "afternoon and evening" sales.

Back