News   May 03, 2024
 496     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 316     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 177     0 

The Great PC/Mac Debate (Embarrassing Revelations for Windows Vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the Start button to the Dock, personally, but

However, I don't really see what the big deal is.

Your error is that you confuse your own opinion with objective fact. You find it rather irksome when someone disagrees with your personal position because you pose as someone who possesses unassailable information.

Yes, with some limited and biased comparisons...which isn't much of a demonstration at all.

Perfect example of what is cited above. Why don't you finally admit your own personal bias? You like one product better than another. Other people like Mac's over PC's. So what?

Just so you know, I've been using Mac's and PC's since the early 80's. I know many people who have done the same. Like them, I have a personal preference, and I suggest that people who prefer one system or machine over another buy that system and machine. Period. That stance appears to greatly offend you.

That stance appears to greatly offend you.

You need to reread this thread, there is only one person making personal attacks while regurgitating the mac marketing points. This thread shows that mac fans don't really know anything about the competition, and get very angry when challenged...your post is a good example of this as well.
The irony is thick!

Digi, you sound like John McCain, stating that Obama is running a negative campaign.

I called out two excellent examples about how Mac critics know little about the Mac, and I re-affirm my longstanding Windows experience through personal and professional examples.

Repeating what you want to be true, won't make it any truer, no matter how many times you say it.

Last edited:
Your error is that you confuse your own opinion with objective fact. You find it rather irksome when someone disagrees with your personal position because you pose as someone who possesses unassailable information.

lol

Of course...if you edit out almost the entire response, something you're quite fond of doing.

Perfect example of what is cited above. Why don't you finally admit your own personal bias? You like one product better than another. Other people like Mac's over PC's. So what?

I've said many times I prefer PC to Mac. So what? That doesn't mean I can't evaluate the merits of each platform.

All of my arguments have been factually based. Unfortunately you don't appear able to address the actual arguments and facts presented because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just so you know, I've been using Mac's and PC's since the early 80's. I know many people who have done the same. Like them, I have a personal preference, and I suggest that people who prefer one system or machine over another buy that system and machine. Period.

I really don't care what your personal preference is. I'm not arguing against ones right to have a personal preference nor am I arguing against ones right to like Apple products.

That stance appears to greatly offend you.

I'm not the one getting upset here.

Now, are you actually going to participate in the discussion or keep throwing your silly tantrums because I don't buy everything your favourite computer maker sells?

Last edited:
I didn't "edit" anything out. I selected what I wished to respond to - which is exactly what you do. By the way, that is participating in the discussion. Once again, though, it's clear from your comments that you want to control the discussion. It ain't gonna happen. You'll just have to accept that there are opinions and points of view other than yours.

I and others have said we prefer Mac's to PC's, so what? The fact that you have to try to put people down with your petulant little "fanboy" remarks and the like suggests that you are someone who has a hard time with opinions that differ from yours.

I'm not the one getting upset here.

But of course you are. It's obvious from your exaggeration. I've said all along, buy what you like. The fact that you have confused that to suggest that you ought to buy Apple products is actually quite laughable.

I didn't "edit" anything out.

I'm starting to wonder if you actually believe this stuff or you're just trolling.

I prefer the Start button to the Dock, personally, but as far as program management the Dock is definitely superior. This upgrade seems to take it a step above the Dock (but it still seems like the Taskbar).

However, I don't really see what the big deal is. MS and Apple have been copying each other for years now. That's one reason I don't know why Apple fans love to point it out when it's done on the Windows end. Apple does it too.
Bolded are the portions you responded to. You edited out almost all of both paragraphs, cherry picking two statements and taking them completely out of context.

I selected what I wished to respond to - which is exactly what you do. By the way, that is participating in the discussion. Once again, though, it's clear from your comments that you want to control the discussion. It ain't gonna happen. You'll just have to accept that there are opinions and points of view other than yours.

I respond to portions of ones argument at a time, but I don't edit out entire segments of a sentence or paragraph just so it suits my argument.

I and others have said we prefer Mac's to PC's, so what?

Yes, so what? No one is supposed to discuss the merits and drawbacks of Macs because you like them?

You're far too sensitive over something that isn't worth being sensitive over.

The fact that you have to try to put people down with your petulant little "fanboy" remarks and the like

Can you find one instance where I've referred to anyone as a "fanboy"? I didn't think so. Now you're just making things up.

suggests that you are someone who has a hard time with opinions that differ from yours.

This describes you perfectly.

I'm making factually supported arguments (none of which you've actually addressed).

All you're doing is making personal attacks.

But of course you are. It's obvious from your exaggeration. I've said all along, buy what you like. The fact that you have confused that to suggest that you ought to buy Apple products is actually quite laughable.

What exaggeration? You keep making all these ridiculous claims with absolutely nothing to back yourself up.

Two pages of your sulking and you still haven't addressed any of the facts I've posted.

If you like Macs, good for you. I don't care. If you feel one of my arguments pertaining to Mac/PC issues is factually inaccurate then address the argument - not me. I don't think anyone cares to wade through your personal attacks (sorry, "opinions") to get to the posts that are actually on topic.

Last edited:
Digi, you sound like John McCain, stating that Obama is running a negative campaign.

I called out two excellent examples about how Mac critics know little about the Mac, and I re-affirm my longstanding Windows experience through personal and professional examples.

Digi's responses may not be very insightful, but he does have a point. You'll routinely ignore posts which contradict your statements and demonstrate your lack of knowledge while making blanket judgments against anyone who makes even the slightest error pertaining to the operation of a Mac or the features in OS X.

You keep highlighting your experience and expertise, which seem completely at odds with your actual knowledge of Windows and current research & innovation at other companies.

Repeating what you want to be true, won't make it any truer, no matter how many times you say it.

I would think this standard should apply to you as well...right?

Last edited:
You're far too sensitive over something that isn't worth being sensitive over.

That can describe you perfectly. For someone who supposedly finds my posts so lacking, you make considerable effort to respond to them.

All you're doing is making personal attacks.

If what I've written is a personal attack, then you've done exactly the same thing.

If you don't like my posts, ignore them.

But of course, you won't. ;)

^

Another major misconception. You're confusing point updates with new OS's.

You pay for new versions of the OS just like you pay for a new version of Windows.

Apple releases a new OS with major features every 2-3 years. Microsoft releases their own new OS's less often. Apple's been on the ball with releasing a new OS to keep up with trends and new demands while Microsoft has been quite complacent with their own OS's, often being quite late (i.e. Vista) with new releases.

Free point updates to each individual OS X are released quite often. Every few months, updates – equivalent to Windows' SP1, SP2, etc – are released.

You pay for an upgrade from OSX Panther to Tiger, from Tiger to Leopard just as you would pay for an upgrade from Microsoft Windows 95 to XP and from XP to Vista and soon to Windows 7.

To counter your point, you should know that Windows Vista (Ultimate) sells for $339 or you can settle for Windows Home Premium with less features for $129. OSX Leopard sells in one version – no artificial limitations – for $129.

So far, I've found it compelling to upgrade to every new version of OSX.

I'm not confusing anything, stop being so pompous as to assume people don't know what they are talking about.

There are 3 service packs to xp which cost nothing. There are 5 point updates to OSX and you MUST buy them all or risk that your next software upgrade no longer works.

All software still works on XP even though Vista is out. Can you say the same for people using OS9?

Windows has much better backwards compatibility than Apple. XP is still the standard and only costs 99$ but if you buy a new computer it comes included with the system at what is probably a nominal price difference. Of course OSX comes free with Mac as well.

It's not really the cost I'm arguing, it's the fact that you are forced to upgrade your OS or run the risk of your programs not working which is a non-issue on a PC. Forcing customers to purchase upgrades is bad-business.

No I don't...but, there you go with the personal attacks again....you need to try another approach to your evangelical crusade to convert everyone to overpriced computers.
You certainly reveal your true colours, everytime you post you angry, personal responses though.

And how would you account for or describe this response of yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back