News   Apr 26, 2024
 267     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 493     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.5K     4 

TDSB & TCDSB Trustees/Politics

He does seem like a nice guy, nothing like the other family members.

@CBCNews whether you agree or disagree with "transgenderism", the Trustee did what she was elected to do, serve her constituency.
@CBCNews no action should be taken by the Board. She was elected by her community and has a right to sit on committees and have equal say.

Defending transgender rights, totally unlike Rob or Doug.

He does seem like a nice guy, nothing like the other family members.

Defending transgender rights, totally unlike Rob or Doug.

I thought this was nice of him too:

Capture.JPG

Clearly not a runaway train like Rob and Doug.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 858
This kid is alright.

Shouldn't the people who voted for Mikey be pissed? He got elected solely on account of his last name. The people who vote for a Ford want truculent opposition to spending and progressive social policies. By coming across as an accommodating middle-of-the-roader Mikey is not delivering what his brand implied.

Shouldn't the people who voted for Mikey be pissed? He got elected solely on account of his last name. The people who vote for a Ford want truculent opposition to spending and progressive social policies. By coming across as an accommodating middle-of-the-roader Mikey is not delivering what his brand implied.

If they voted for him based on 'branding' alone, then these people are simply stupid.

Agreed! They thought that a younger version of Rob or Doug was going to be elected as trustee.

Or actually, *is* that what they wanted--I mean, in the ideological sense, rather than in the customer-service sense? After all, a lot of those same people are satisfied with electing accomodating Liberal-label middle-of-the-roaders provincially and federally.

I think that for the most part, they just voted for the idea (however unfounded) that "Ford = service". Which reminds me: how's he doing on that front (though it may still be too early to tell)

Changed the name of the thread from "Trustee Michael Ford's TDSB" to the more inclusive "TDSB & TCDSB Trustees/Politics"

Let's not forget there is now also a trustee slot open in TDSB Ward 1. My top bets for candidates are one of the K***a Fords (because what this point why the fuck not) and Domise.

Last edited:
I'd run for school trustee, but will unlikely be elected because they're going to find out that the last time I attended a public school was in 1991. I spent my middle and high school years at an independent school. :S #noprivateschoolbrats

Back