News   Apr 19, 2024
 809     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

TDSB & TCDSB Trustees/Politics

animatronic

Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tdsb-governance-review-reveals-culture-of-fear-1.2900988

The public is getting an inside look at the dysfunction at the Toronto District School Board on Thursday with the release an external review of governance issues at the troubled board.
The results are damning — documenting possible board surveillance on phones and emails, trustee interference in school matters and a culture of fear within the education system.
The report makes 10 recommendations to improve the current situation — including removing TDSB executive offices and reduced powers for trustees.

So it looks like l'il Mikey is facing the first big challenge of his burgeoning political career. The fact that he's the only trustee I can name off the top of my head is perhaps an indication of the irrelevance/dysfunction of the current school board structure.

This review has sparked a larger discussion about whether the TDSB should be broken up into more manageable chunks, elected boards should be eliminated completely in favour of provincially-appointed bodies, or just deal with it at the same time that the two public school systems are merged (my preference, but low chance in this political environment).

Does anyone have any expectation that real change will be forthcoming?

Like most people, I could only name trustees if they made the news, were on my ballot, or had election signs up. Trustee Sam is obviously famous for his bigotry.

Last edited:
Liz Sandals already ordered the Toronto District School Board to implement the following changes;

tdsb001-1.jpg

tdsb002-0.jpg

Source; Toronto Star

Attachments

• tdsb001-1.jpg
    tdsb001-1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,267
  • tdsb002-0.jpg
    tdsb002-0.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,268
Last edited:
Wonder if he felt some kind of Fordian "invincibility" in the face of default...

Mikey speaks! He was on CBC radio this morning talking about making schools safe places. Unfortunately the reporter didn't ask how we should stop drug deals from taking place in school parking lots.

Does anyone know if Mutey's doing anything approaching a good/decent/semi-decent job since joining the school board? Is he at least showing up when he's supposed to, not causing any embarrassments, etc.? It would seem almost impossible, but given how dysfunctional TDSB is these days, he might actually fit right in.

This is a combined provincial and TDSB issue, but Patrick Brown is now working with Trustee Sam. Congrats to Christine Elliott!

Jonathan Goldsbie
@goldsbie
Patrick Brown hitches his wagon to Trustee Sam: bit.ly/1JLjePx pic.twitter.com/wNKHaYRgks

Does anyone know if Mutey's doing anything approaching a good/decent/semi-decent job since joining the school board? Is he at least showing up when he's supposed to, not causing any embarrassments, etc.? It would seem almost impossible, but given how dysfunctional TDSB is these days, he might actually fit right in.
He was more verbal than I had anticipated when interviewed on Metro Morning - not sure he actually SAID anything but it was better than 'subways, subways, subways'.

Back