News   May 06, 2024
 44     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 601     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 545     0 

TCHC: 88-90 Carlton (12s, Stanford Downey)

I was once very harsh about this building because of its facadectomy - indeed, I still think it brings the project down somewhat - but the scale of this building and the very inconspicuous design means it will blend it rather nicely with the surrounding neighbourhood.

June 27th Update

Good progress here...

PICT1573.jpg

PICT1574.jpg

PICT1575.jpg

November 4, 2008

From Carlton Street, and Mutual Street (north of Carlton)

Dec 29 Update

This fell under the radar

Feb 23rd Update

Enormous progress since the last few updates.

(Click on thumbnail and then image for full size)

Looking south on Mutual

Looking north on Carlton

Great to see. I walk by this intersection at least twice a day. I find Carlton quite charming and this certainly fits with the area.

April 4th Update

TCHC @ 88-90 Carlton has topped off and the crane was being removed from the roof today.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

From Maitland & Mutual Sts. & Mutual north of Carlton (respectively)

From Carlton Street

nope, there is no curve to the building, that's just the camera.

i pass this one almost everyday, and was at first saddened by the facadism. but considering its, use, this building is a welcome addition.

the green roof with its use of solar panels is very interesting and i can't wait to see what the cladding will look like. TCHC has done great work lately.

Thanks for the update of this one.

Is there actually a curve to the building or is it an effect from your camera lense?

It's actually two photographs that I put together using autostitch. Perhaps the settings are off but I always seem to get curvy shots when I put together two or more photos to create one full image.

Back