News   May 01, 2024
 243     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 200     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 285     0 

Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread

+1

It's curious that the city hasn't populated the details in the development application lookup. Just today we learn that the office component for 1 York has been increased by six stories in a newly filed application, but no details on this one just yet.

I hope this will be Toronto's first supertall. Having a tower (or two) that's a couple stories higher than Aura is plausible here.

still not populated??

We saw a concept plan from H+P for a 50 storey building. The design was quite current with what we've been recently seeing. I think a lot of the height aficionado maybe setting themselves up for a massive letdown.

There has never been any credibility to the 100 storey rumour.

I love the four seasons building but at 54 storeys it looks like a behemoth from the rest of the city. Doubling that would look ludicrous IMO.

And regardless of height - I'd rather see Oxford and Morgaurd work on a comprehensive plan for that city block which is retail friendly...

Everyone gets so angry at the thought of a tall building above Holts.

The 100 storey speculation just seems to inflame them.

Soon enough we'll have more details and everyone can rest easy.

Took a snap a couple of days ago

Last edited:
People go nuts if you tell them a building is going to be 10 storey, let alone 30-50.

If and when we get a 100's building, we are still not in the big league, but more the semi-pro.

We have no more room to sprawl to, other than going up.

Today 50-75's building will be low-rise down the road, but we will not be around to see it.

All I can say, lets get on with building the supper towers.

No reason Holt should not see 2 tall towers, as its a waste of space now. Other than been an upscale store, there nothing to write home about it or worth saving.

If Holt's is getting redeveloped, it's being kept a pretty close secret in the development world. Planners, lawyers, and developers all gossip and not much has been said about this.

Back