News   May 15, 2024
 608     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 585     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 424     0 

Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread

Yeah, and i believe a while back..... there was a rumour of building tall for that location:confused:

Wasn't there supposed to be two supertalls on the Holt's site? So many rumoured proposals were floating around mid summer/early fall 2011 that it was hard to keep track of them.

Anyway, when will we know more about this particular "mysterious" proposal?

Wasn't there supposed to be two supertalls on the Holt's site? So many rumoured proposals were floating around mid summer/early fall 2011 that it was hard to keep track of them.

Anyway, when will we know more about this particular "mysterious" proposal?

Well here is one from UD.................
And I heard the 100s site is either the hmv block or the holt's block...;)

Maybe the Weston family is going to give Toronto the gift of an architectural icon? Heart.... Palpitating....breath... Shortening...

Well this is has been on the Hariri Pontarini webside for quite some time.....Conceptual + Competition
There is a good possibility that they could have re-designed and doubled the height of this vision at 50 Bloor street west (Holts).

3. Mid-Town Mixed-Use Study

Concept and Fesibility Study
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
David Pontarini, Partner-in-Charge

Located in the prestigious Bloor-Yorkville neighbourhood, the study is intended as a 48-storey mixed-use tower, comprised of residential and retail units. The podium is designed to house 4 levels of retail units, over looking the street. Wrapped in a white fritted curtain wall, the podium visually connects the shoppers inside the retail space with the pedestrian shoppers on the Street. There are 7 levels of parking conveniently implemented below-grade and in addition, levels 5-7 are proposed to house private parking space for the residential tower. Materiality and volumetric protrusions provides the proposed building with a unique design, one that is suitable for its immediate urban context
http://hariripontarini.com/projects/conceptual/4-mid-town-mixed-use-study

Mid-block?

No doubt a fantastic and obvious spot for big intensification but I doubt there will be a supertall project here in this mid-block location. Can anyone point to the occurrence of something so large that is not on a corner or at least contiguous to one for access?

No doubt a fantastic and obvious spot for big intensification but I doubt there will be a supertall project here in this mid-block location. Can anyone point to the occurrence of something so large that is not on a corner or at least contiguous to one for access?

88 George Street Ottawa

well i agree a corner concept is easier to handle traffic for a builder. that being said a back entrance could work fine. Its no different then what the parking garage behind holtz will be doing. Also If you buy in this area you will be walking more then driving, so the car access isnt as big a deal as if you are in suburbia.

I don't think mid-block will be an issue at this location. Especially since its surrounded by towers on all sides and if it moves forward at the same time as Cumberland Terrace (likely) Ingress/Egress can be worked out in planning.

I don't think mid-block will be an issue at this location. Especially since its surrounded by towers on all sides and if it moves forward at the same time as Cumberland Terrace (likely) Ingress/Egress can be worked out in planning.

+1

It's curious that the city hasn't populated the details in the development application lookup. Just today we learn that the office component for 1 York has been increased by six stories in a newly filed application, but no details on this one just yet.

I hope this will be Toronto's first supertall. Having a tower (or two) that's a couple stories higher than Aura is plausible here.

350m here(or anywhere downtown really) would be epic, but in yorkville it will create an awesome new sub skyline with 1 bloor and four seasons ect

Do these 'reports' of a 100+ storey condo have any credibility whatsoever? Just curious...

I would imagine if any such plans did come to fruition, GYRA would go berserk... like, heads would explode. I don't imagine Councillor Wong-Tam would be too supportive either.

Back