News   May 10, 2024
 66     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 555     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 841     1 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

When I say I am fixing them, we are talking minor stuff here, like reconnecting the sink, it was never a deficiency, just left unattached, sorry, but after asking twice in 2 days, and still getting no help, I did it, you know what makes me laugh ? They did send a plumber on friday to resolve the hot water issue, he came armed with.....a bit of wood and a caulking gun ?? He then announced he needed to talk to his boss(this would have been the 3rd time I had heard this crap)....I made it plain that it was not good enough, so he took another look, then determines that the tap needs adjusting, but he didn't have an allen key, just as well I did, so he used it and voila, we have hot water.

They came to fix our air con today, and erm, its gone, the whole aircon unit has been removed from the wall, I guess it will be back tomorrow.....:mad:

That's too funny. I guess the plumber didn't know what was going on, he probably thought you had a leak. I can't believe he didn't have a small tool to fix something minor. It's a good thing you knew all you needed was an allen key.

In regards to the flooring? I got laminate. There's no complaints there. Laminate is great because it's easy to maintain as long as you keep the air flowing in your unit. In the summer, I would recommend to keep the HVAC on to prevent moisture from building up in the floors. It's too bad the inspector didn't educate anyone on how to maintain the floors.

They offered hardwood flooring but I didn't bother to upgrade.

Since i'm new to this site and there were no pictures to show what this thing looked like, you guys all sounded like a bunch of fucking whiners to me. Then I finally saw this building and I thought.....but......it's......BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

Um, scroll back dude, there's plenty of pictures of this project. Many of us go to great lengths to photograph and upload photos for this forum.

BEB,
Others have had water temp issues. A guy on my floor had them come into his unit and they fixed it, he didn't know what they actually did to repair it.

Check your AC units, it seems some others are having issues like we are experiencing. Don't wait until a hot day to find out.

I am curious how guys like us fit into cars like yours, my brother had an MG and I was chewing my knees.

8th...thanks for that,you wouldn't happen to know where the adjustment valve is would you ? I have plenty of Allen keys and am more than willing to give it a go....

We thought we were the only ones lacking a really hot hot water. I will talk to Les about it. Is it probably a Manhattan issue?
This is an issue in all new buildings. Apparently the Building Code limits tap water to 49 degrees. The idea is to prevent scalding for children and seniors. The plumbing inspector will actually measure the temperature of the water when they're doing the final inspection. I had the same issue in the bulding I moved into a year ago - the water topped out at a chilly 42! There's usually a limiter on the bathtub faucet and a mixing valve on the hot water tank itself. It's simple to fix - the limiter on the bathtub faucet is generally behind the handle. It's a little plastic ring that keeps the handle from moving all the way to hot. Just move it to a different position. If that's not enough you'll have to adjust the mixing valve on the hot water tank (if you have one). Unscrew the handle and move it to a different position so it can move all the way to hot.

Hot water is fixed, electrical gremlins are also fixed, apparently the wiring in 2 of the junction boxes was crossed, creating a short, even the electrian was suprised the same mistake happened twice in the same unit.

Ryan came and investigated the electrical fault himself, saw my tiling effort and offered me a job, maybe I should think about it :)

Came home yesterday to find our latest addition, a bath plug!! The elation was short lived however when the aforementioned plug promptly fell off in my hand, it was placed on the bath, not actually attached to it...a slight but crucial difference.This resulted in another visit to the site office, I can forgive some things, but damn it, don't mess with my bath plug.....:mad:

May 24, 2008

starof-4.jpg

Sorry to repeat myself guy$, but why the hell hasn't this (predictable) nightmare discussion been moved from this section?

Because the building is not finished yet? There are still finishes being applied to the exterior...

June 9-08 Update

I'm really surprised that this ever got occupancy approved. How do people open windows when they're covered with plastic?

North side facing Wellesley

star2_front.jpg

star1_front.jpg

East side of building

star1_east.jpg

South side of building

Star-rear1.jpg

It seems since they broke ground for the town houses that the condo building is moving forward at a snail's pace.

It would do a world of good for the residents if the builder would get that roof top open and give us some of the amenities (we're already paying for) for all the trouble we've been through.

Congratulations on a very positive approach to being heard by the builder.
The law seems to treat builders as gods when in reality some of them seem to have no respect for their purchasers.
One has to wonder why some buildings are deemed fit for habitation when they are obviously not completed and in good working condition.
Also, please remember that Tarion receives money (a fee) from every insured builder, and no money from the new home owners.

It must be nice to be able to open your windows with the plastic removed now! Good to see the scaffolding over the sidewalk gone too, I think this building has turned out just fine. Any idea what retail is going in there?
Thanks for the pics!

Also, please remember that Tarion receives money (a fee) from every insured builder, and no money from the new home owners.

That information is incorrect. Every unit in Ontario (unless constructed illegally or the unit is owner built) is registered with Tarion and there is an enrollment fee paid by the new home purchaser.

Back