Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Square One Expansions and Revitalization 
100 City Centre Dr, Mississauga
Developer: Oxford Properties Group

Square One Shopping Centre | Page 41

Discussion in 'Retail' started by khristopher, Oct 10, 2007.

1. stanko

stanko New Member

I think it would've been better for those restaurants to be located in the city centre itself so as to encourage a street life for MCC. Unfortunately Square One sucks out any potential soul of its surrounding area, and the snobby term "vertical suburbia" unfortunately holds true for MCC. Office development could be a step in a better direction but only if mixed use is encouraged for any potential office developments in the area

steveintoronto likes this.

2. JasonParis

JasonParis Moderator

The other issue is that few offices want to locate in MCC anymore.

steveintoronto likes this.
  3. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Senior Member

Wow! Reading the above posts, I thought it was just me. I have had only one reason to be in Square One. GO Transit makes me go there. It's surreal, to say the least. I remember cycling through Mississauga long distance from Toronto to Kitchener years, OK, decades back, and wondering what those odd shapes were rising out of the middle of nowhere.

The only thing that has changed is that there's hordes of people, but it's still 'nowhere'. I guess a great place to be if one's an addicted shopaholic. I even resent why the GO routes take on a promenade in a big circle around the place just to get away from it, while the Miway buses, at least the expresses, go straight to the Busway.

Perhaps it does serve a purpose in showing urbanites just how horrific suburban life can be. What an awful place...

As an aside, I now take the 25 or 29 GO bus from the west returning into Toronto, which necessitates changing at Sq One, where I usually take the Miway 109 Express to Islington Station, then the TTC to Dundas West. And about a month ago, there was an announcement by GO (as detailed in a story here at UT) that the 29 bus was to extend to the Rathburn loop, since the station there is behind schedule. Perfect for me, as the TTC was to run a bus there from Kipling, and that would be one less change.

Stupid me. I believed them. Both GO and TTC have fallen through on this, albeit GO does run the 40 and 19 bus from Sq One to Rathburn, so I blithely changed off of a 29 onto a 40 at Sq One to try and catch a TTC link to the subway, cutting out the Miway link.

Duh! The only bus TTC run from Rathburn loop is to the Eglinton West Subway station. There is absolutely no sign at the GO stop (shared with Miway) as to where the TTC stops are. Myself and another were left wandering to find them. In the end, I just hopped on a 109 Express to Islington after all. I should have just changed at Sq One had I known.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  4. ZachBalbino

ZachBalbino New Member

Square one is hosting a tenant meeting for their West Expansion Project which includes the Former Target and west end. They're providing renderings, details on project scope and timelines for completion. Meeting takes place on Thursday September 21st 8:30am - 9:15 in the Microsoft Store, by rsvp only

Jasonzed likes this.