News   May 10, 2024
 492     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 386     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 461     0 

Sobeys

If it stays a grocery store, Longo's would be a nice addition. They seem to be better able to work with small spaces.

Not sure if it's going to be Longo's, since there's one pretty close by at the corner of Bloor and Park.

Really? There's already a Dollarama 500m south of here at College Park, and another 500m north at Yonge/Charles.

Sobey's Urban Fresh 503 Bloor West to close end of June

While shopping today, we were surprised to hear that Sobey's Urban Fresh, 503 Bloor West will be closing at months end. Perhaps Sobey's is reconsidering it's small footprint stores in urban areas? We also used to visit the Sobeys small store on Yonge near Wellesley until it closed a year or so ago.

Surprising given that the B.streets condos is opening soon, providing more density. Certainly a lot of foot traffic in the area. If I recall correctly, B.streets used the Sobey's on their marketing material, showing it on the map of stuff that is near by. Is something else opening up in the area? There are a couple of small independent grocery stores in the area (e.g. superfreshmart, crowded Metro that we hate near bloor/spadina).

Last edited:
Sobeys (Yonge/Wellesley) closed down in April 2013. How can a building in such a prime location still be empty after more than a year?

Last edited:
I heard a good rumour months ago that the LCBO was looking to move into the vacated Annex Sobeys store.

I hated that store every time I went in. Overpriced, poor selection and poor layout. The Metro at Walmer is cramped and crowded but at least it's open 24 hours and a better selection.

As already noted on the St Lawrence neighbourhood thread, the Sobeys on Front @ Princess is closing on 28 June. That whole block is a development site and closure (at some point) was expected but this is earlier than many had thought. The development of the site (it's VERY inappropriate!) is at the OMB and will certainly not be happening for a while. I foresee another huge surface parking lot as the Acura dealer next door is moving to their new place on Eastern in next month or so.

I heard a good rumour months ago that the LCBO was looking to move into the vacated Annex Sobeys store.

I hated that store every time I went in. Overpriced, poor selection and poor layout. The Metro at Walmer is cramped and crowded but at least it's open 24 hours and a better selection.

I really hope this is true. The nearest place in the Annex to get wine is the little Wine Rack in the Honest Ed's building.

As already noted on the St Lawrence neighbourhood thread, the Sobeys on Front @ Princess is closing on 28 June. That whole block is a development site and closure (at some point) was expected but this is earlier than many had thought. The development of the site (it's VERY inappropriate!) is at the OMB and will certainly not be happening for a while. I foresee another huge surface parking lot as the Acura dealer next door is moving to their new place on Eastern in next month or so.

Empty shelves everywhere...

IMG_20140625_143856.jpg

IMG_20140625_143901.jpg

IMG_20140625_144052.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140625_143856.jpg
    IMG_20140625_143856.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_20140625_143901.jpg
    IMG_20140625_143901.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_20140625_144052.jpg