News   May 03, 2024
 575     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 278     0 

Sobeys

As well as all the other things mentioned, I will also miss:

-mispriced product
-horrible selection and taste of their prepared food section
-their inability to ever recognize that every day around 5:30 it gets busy so it may help that they staff every register at that time.

Perhaps with the addition of Sobey's and T&T (along with the Dominion and Loblaws already) the competition will allow downtown grocery prices in the area to be a little more in line with the prices in the suburbs.

On another note, I think Rabba(Front/Sherbourne) will have a very hard time competiing with the 24hr Sobeys (in combination with the 24 hr Dominion).
I think they still service a need for the 24hr variety store customer, but their grocery business will be hard hit.

I drop by that Dominion occasionally, but only when everywhere else is shut.

Ilsa, She-Wolf of the Checkout ( she used to work at the Goethe-Institut ) is my favourite, though I haven't been checked-out by her lately.

It's impossible to predict which checkout will get you through the quickest. Anything can happen once you're in one of those queues, anything.

My personal favourite check-out person is the guy who I guess has watched Cocktail a few too many times and who tosses, shakes and spins your groceries as he scans and bags them. Never get in his line if you are buying bread or anything carbonated.

Ilsa, She-Wolf of the Checkout ( she used to work at the Goethe-Institut ) is my favourite, though I haven't been checked-out by her lately.

Is Ilsa that the woman with the headband thingy? She is the crankiest of the cranky. Haven't seen her recently either, maybe she finally cracked.

I've never been able to determine if I should be annoyed or amused by the flippy flippy guy. It depends on my mood that day.

I hate that kid. He thinks he working faster or something yet he's actually working slower. Half the time he drops what he's tossing.

I can't stand that guy. He is obviously not acquainted with modern hygeine practices either. Actually, most of the check-out people are really rude there. They refuse to make eye contact, grunt if you ask a question, and never, never ever thank you. They just kind of whip your change and receipt into your hand.

My personal favourite check-out person is the guy who I guess has watched Cocktail a few too many times and who tosses, shakes and spins your groceries as he scans and bags them. Never get in his line if you are buying bread or anything carbonated.

The worse is when you have to co-ordinate with him to get your credit card, airmiles card, change or a pen or reciept from him. It's like keep away. And you don't know at what angle or approach he is going to hand it off to you, he may just poke your eye out..

They can never remember anything else, but they always, ALWAYS, remember to pester me for an airmiles card. Did it never occur to them that if I had an airmiles card, I'd have it out and ready?

Back