News   May 24, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   May 24, 2024
 600     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 324     0 

Sobeys

On the east side, about half way down - they sell meat, cheese, deli stuff.

The Canadian prosciutto has salt granules in it but this stuff is the real deal.

It's Scheffler's (sp?) deli...and yes, their meats are very good. They have a great serrano ham there as well.

Love that market. My favourite tinned green olives - Spanish, stuffed with some sort of anchovy paste - are from that place in the basement.

Methinks this bantering about the Front St Dominion's getting a little narcissistic.

Though a funny thing about it: about 20 yrs ago, I was whimsically wondering if A&P might undergo a gentrified rebranding as "The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company". Then, whaddaya know, that's the name (sans "Tea") the Front Dominion adopted for itself...

Sobey's

Hungry shoppers rejoice! Apparently the new Front & Princess Sobey's will be opening this coming Friday, November 23. This is according to the seafood manager my wife and I ran into while peering through the windows checking out the progress. He seemed extremely enthused about the new store and his job, which is always a good sign, and a refreshing change from the I-don't-care-if-you-live-or-die staff at that other store we love to bash so much.

Dominion Front Street Market

Methinks this bantering about the Front St Dominion's getting a little narcissistic.

Though a funny thing about it: about 20 yrs ago, I was whimsically wondering if A&P might undergo a gentrified rebranding as "The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company". Then, whaddaya know, that's the name (sans "Tea") the Front Dominion adopted for itself...

If I remember correctly this store opened originally under that name but that had nothing to do with marketing or trying to create a more urban brand but was a result of some requirements under their contracts with the different unions that represent the employees that work in their stores

Sobeys on George between Adelaide and Richmond and others

There's a weird rumour going around that Sobey's is also opening on George between Adelaide and Richmond. That would be rather close to the Front Street one. I'll try to confirm this.

This is, apparently, not a rumour.

They are also opening stores at some point in the future at Yonge & Balloill, Spadina and Bremner and Regent Park. I have heard that their store on Laird (near Eglinton) will be opening sometime after Christmas

If I remember correctly this store opened originally under that name but that had nothing to do with marketing or trying to create a more urban brand but was a result of some requirements under their contracts with the different unions that represent the employees that work in their stores
I thought the original name was more like the Front Street Market...

Back