Markham Signature Condominium Collection/Marriott (Markham, Remington, 12 + 15s, Quadrangle)

considering the condo is the same building as the hotel, yes.. The Marriott is in the base of the building and the tower portion is the condo.

Had no idea the Marriott was projected to be completed in 2015. There is also a second building (K) to go with this Signature project (next to the Marriott), however that isn't scheduled to be completed by early 2017. Why wouldn't they complete both structures around the same time...

3 cranes now on site! Pretty excited for this.

Oh boy......talk about moving fast. This development has potential! Do you know if they are working on the residential condo as well as the hotel portion?

Last edited:
Oh boy......talk about moving fast. This development has potential! Do you know if they are working on the residential condo as well as the hotel portion?

They are building both towers at the same time (building on the West side of the site being the Hotel with condos above & the building on the south East side being a Condo and also the 6 level Parking structure in the north east corner of the site) this site should start rising quick as it is only one level underground.

Can we have the title of this forum revised to "15s + 12s"
As the development has 15 stories Building J and 12 stories Building K?
Thank you :)

They are building both towers at the same time (building on the West side of the site being the Hotel with condos above & the building on the south East side being a Condo and also the 6 level Parking structure in the north east corner of the site) this site should start rising quick as it is only one level underground.

The 6 lvl parking structure was not brought to my attention but good to know. I presume it is designated for hotel guests/visitors and such. I am beginning to think early 2017 occupancy is an overstatement. The ball is rolling unexpectedly fast on this one!

The 6 lvl parking structure was not brought to my attention but good to know. I presume it is designated for hotel guests/visitors and such. I am beginning to think early 2017 occupancy is an overstatement. The ball is rolling unexpectedly fast on this one!

The speed of this one will depend how many crews they get building this site as the size of the project is quite large, and the lower levels of both buildings J & K are quite complicated with thick transfer slabs, beams etc.. (the site footprint of this project is around 107,000 ft2 at the ground floor, with is over twice the site footprint of One Bloor at Ground Floor)

We should be starting to see some walls going up soon, if not already.

Also shoring equipment starting to go in to pick up the first suspended vertical slab in about 3-4 weeks hopefully.

Last edited:
The speed of this one will depend how many crews they get building this site as the size of the project is quite large, and the lower levels of both buildings J & K are quite complicated with thick transfer slabs, beams etc.. (the site footprint of this project is around 107,000 ft2 at the ground floor, with is over twice the site footprint of One Bloor at Ground Floor)

We should be starting to see some walls going up soon, if not already.

Also shoring equipment starting to go in to pick up the first suspended vertical slab in about 3-4 weeks hopefully.

interesting comparison you point out there. Despite the extraordinary height of One Bloor, it should be like bread and butter building up. Meanwhile, you have the massive foundation of the Signature which requires more work. I may be misled but this image of the downtown Markham billboard suggests to me that the hotel (Marriott) will be completed sometime in 2015?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76371968@N08/9814241206/in/set-72157634866065164

They're probably aligning the project schedule to the Pan Am games. They would miss a huge opportunity if they don't.

They're probably aligning the project schedule to the Pan Am games. They would miss a huge opportunity if they don't.

Let's hope they aren't rushing it due the Pan Am games as it could jeopardize the quality of construction.

Let's hope they aren't rushing it due the Pan Am games as it could jeopardize the quality of construction.

I'm not sure if there is any project in the GTA that they don't rush to try and get done, there can be many incentives for completing projects on or before schedule

I'm not sure if there is any project in the GTA that they don't rush to try and get done, there can be many incentives for completing projects on or before schedule

any updates on the site? haven't had the chance to stop by for a glimpse.

any updates on the site? haven't had the chance to stop by for a glimpse.

Site is getting ready to start the first suspended slab in the very South-West corner of Building J (ground floor). I would assume that they must have some walls in place as well.

Back