Scenic On Eglinton Condos (Aspen Ridge) - Real Estate -

I bought in Tower 2, but on their site, its considered tower 1. In any case, Tower 1 and 2 are being built at the same time. Expected Occupancy is August 2012. I own on the 2nd and 12th floors.

What floor are you on? 13? Did they offer stainless steel appliances? I wonder if the payment structure has changed?
Well said. I've grown up in East York and have always loved the area. Did you buy in Tower 1 or 2. Do you know the expected occupancy of those towers?

I bought in Tower 2, but on their site, its considered tower 1. In any case, Tower 1 and 2 are being built at the same time. Expected Occupancy is August 2012. I own on the 2nd and 12th floors.

What floor are you on? 13? Did they offer stainless steel appliances? I wonder if the payment structure has changed?

Yes. I bought on the 14th floor (legal level 13) with the stainless steel appliances. Payment structure is also the same.

I could have gone through brokers for lower floors but I prefer higher ones. I bought at broker prices as it was and capped at what they got. I believe everything left that wasn't sold will go public this Monday, March 14th.

Last edited:
Did they offer assignment fee? Mine is a 1+den 630 sqft facing north how about yours? Parking included.

I just spoke to the sales staff and confirmed that the stainless steel appliance on display is only available as an upgrade as confirmed on the brochure. Stainless steel appliances are available as an upgrade on the first two phases. However, washer/dryer are standard white and there was no option to upgrade. I was very impressed with their selection availability. However, one of the dissapointments was that you have to pay to get some of the basic necessities such as light outlets in the bedroom which cost an arm and a leg.

if Aspen Ridge shows anything as standard, make sure it's COMPLETELY described in your P&S agreement, as the vagueness of the product allows them to do a bait and switch.

for Vu condos, the model suite had European flip-up style cabinets made by Paris Kitchen cabinets displayed (in the original AND relocated presentation centres) and a project update brochure stated they had chosen Paris as the supplier.

However, when the units were being completed, buyers were given Frendel brand (which could be associated with Aspen Ridge) and conventional side-swing doors were given. (flip-up was now an upgrade). they considered the slab style as 'European' style.

when Aspen Ridge was asked what happened to the Paris cabinets that were promised, they said they've never used Paris brand in any of their projects, which begs the question why would you then use them for the model suites ?!?

in another instance, the VP sales Jason Attard stated in a meet/greet seminar for buyers at Ceccone Simone that smooth ceilings had been decided to be standard throughout the suite. later on, that was retracted.

i had over 100 deficiencies, mostly poor drywall / plastering / painting workmanship / damaged flooring.
after waiting months and not getting it attended to, instead of dealing with such a company any further, i sold my unit as soon as possible.

Hi Forzaitalia and Cr108, to upgrade to Stainless Steel applicance is $700 excluding the washer/dryer. Apparently, the cabinets under the island are only available as an upgrade for a minimum of $400 and higher depending what you want. The island included cabinets in the model suite.

Model Suite had lighting in the bedrooms and its considered an updgrade for the units, each costing $700.

To get rid of the Popcorn ceiling (stippled) cost minimum $2900 on some of the smallest units and higher. No pop corn ceiling in the model suite. It probably cost more for them to do the pop corn ceiling vs smooth ceiling.

Shower heads being included is way better than whats in the Model suite though.

Check your agreement. It should include the list of what is included. I guess they make their money on upgrades.

How much for the upgrade to stainless steel and the outlets?

Anyone know how much it went up since Phase 3 is to the public now for a 2 bedroom suite?

I had gone back to enquire for a friend on the day it was supposed to go "public" according the sales agents. However when I got there, they advised me it was still not available to the general public at that time. That was March 14th and I haven't been back since to ask.

Last edited:
The last time I was there two weeks ago, all the small units 1 bedroom and 1 plus den and studios are all gone.

I will try to speak to the sales folks about the percentage of units sold. Has anyone bought in the project for the potential in the LRT that will be underway next year?

Back