News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 421     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Save Transit City Canvass!

In fact, one has to wonder how come those who are most vocal about subways are strangely silent about the absence of Eglinton in RF's plan right from the get go. Like seriously, that's the most subway like part of the TC plan - and pretty much the holy grail of transit planning in Toronto for years. Enthusiasm for BD extension I can understand - it is one that makes sense; but Sheppard extension over Eglinton? Really?

AoD

In fact, one has to wonder how come those who are most vocal about subways are strangely silent about the absence of Eglinton in RF's plan right form the get go. Like seriously, that's the most subway like part of the TC plan - and pretty much the holy grail of transit planning in Toronto for years.

AoD

The DRL says hi.

DRL is not on anyone's agenda, and you know it. You can put in the entire budget for the current round of transit expansion and still aren't likely going to get it - besides it has never even gotten off to become anything more than lines on the map. Given the priorities of this mayor, I think we can discount the possiblity of THAT in his tenure.

AoD

In fact, one has to wonder how come those who are most vocal about subways are strangely silent about the absence of Eglinton in RF's plan right from the get go. Like seriously, that's the most subway like part of the TC plan - and pretty much the holy grail of transit planning in Toronto for years. Enthusiasm for BD extension I can understand - it is one that makes sense; but Sheppard extension over Eglinton? Really?

AoD

Strangely silent on Eglinton? What are you smoking? SOS and myself in particular have been very vocal supporters of Eglinton, in whatever form it gets built, LRT or HRT.

The DRL says hi.

I've brought up the DRL many, many times to Transit City supporters. They never seem to hear.

Strangely silent on Eglinton? What are you smoking? SOS and myself in particular have been very vocal supporters of Eglinton, in whatever form it gets built, LRT or HRT.

And yet the absence of that line in any shape way or form in RF's platform doesn't concern you at all? How comforting.

I've brought up the DRL many times to Transit City supporters many, many times. They never seem to hear.

Perhaps you should bring it to RF himself. I wonder which side of the half brain rational thought resides.

I've brought up the DRL many, many times to Transit City supporters. They never seem to hear.

See below:

pot-kettle-black.jpg

And yet the absence of that line in any shape way or form in RF's platform doesn't concern you at all? How comforting.

I never said it was comforting. But if you think rationally about it how can Ford possibly cancel Eglinton? It just doesn't make sense. But I guess we'll see.

Perhaps you should bring it to RF himself. I wonder which side of the half brain rational thought resides.

Seeing as no one had the idea to bring it up to Miller himself, I don't see the point. Apparently there's a DRL study going on right now, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what Ford makes of it. If Ford doesn't support it, DRLNow! better get its act together.

Frankly y'all would be better off pushing the DRL to Ford than trying to save a dead-in-the-water Transit City.

If I think "rationally" I would know that there is only x billions in a pot, and money doesn't grow on tree, something has to give. Given the absence of the line in his plan, and the presence of subway replacing SELRT, you can draw your own rational conclusions.

I think your attitude that DRL is other people's, not SOS's problem is rather telling.

AoD

If I think "rationally" I would know that there is only x billions in a pot, and money doesn't grow on tree, something has to give. Given the absence of the line in his plan, and the presence of subway replacing SELRT, you can draw your own rational conclusions.

I think your attitude that DRL is other people's, not SOS's problem is rather telling.

AoD

If you wanna bring up SOS, then why do you conveniently ignore the fact that DRL is SOS's number one priority??? Jesus, debating with you is like debating a Republican. Or a Birther.

And where is SOS now? Making just as much noise about how we absolutely need to have DRL as the #1 priority now that SELRT no longer seem to be on the books? As someone who reads the forum, you'd be lying to state that as the case. I will ignore the Republican/Birther comment.

AoD

And where is SOS now? Making just as much noise about how we absolutely need to have DRL as the #1 priority now that SELRT no longer seem to be on the books? As someone who reads the forum, you'd be lying to state that as the case. I will ignore the Republican/Birther comment.

AoD

SOS was a protest against Transit City. Now that it's dead, there isn't much to protest until we find out exactly what Ford and the TTC are planning.

Right. You guys didn't have a clue how to move forward with a changing regime - your protest movement is just that - and once the house of cards is down, your priorities are just as irrelevant to the new powers that be. If you guys are really THAT passionate about the DRL, hell you'd be going all apeshit over its absence in the RF plan, if not all the other shortcomings of the RF plan. You didn't - and you wonder why the rest of us don't take you seriously? Geez.

AoD

Last edited:
Right. You guys didn't have a clue how to move forward with a changing regime - your protest movement is just that - and once the house of cards is down, your priorities are just as irrelevant to the new powers that be. If you guys are really THAT passionate about the DRL, hell you'd be going all apeshit over its absence in the RF plan, if not all the other shortcomings of the RF plan.

AoD

Irrelevant? Ford at least agrees with SOS completely on the issues of extending Danforth to STC and finishing the Sheppard line between Downsview and STC. As far as I'm concerned, at least we're getting something we wanted.

And there I thought DRL is #1 priority. Guess killing SELRT is the raison d'etre afterall, to hell with the even more worthwhile projects, like Eglinton. Glad to have it all cleared up.

AoD

Back