News   May 09, 2024
 809     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 544     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adma is right...
Etobicoke North was not a safe PC riding in '99 and Hastings was the best bet to hold it. Is Sr ran in that riding the PC's would have lost it probably returning to it the NDP .
Etobicoke Centre was a cabinet minister (Stockwell) vs a backbencher Sr. the outcome was a foregone conclusion....

Sadly, it seems the Fords had the last laugh, with last minute candidate and family trained monkey Mikey defeating the incumbent Hastings in the end. You really can't make this shit up.

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 2m2 minutes ago
. @MooreintheAM says Doug Ford told him he plans to attend council meetings, sit in gallery, signal "voting intention" during Rob's leave.

What exactly does Doug hope to achieve by sitting in the gallery and holding up his "funny signs"? Represent the Ghost of Rob? Will one of them say "Recorded Vote Please"? Does he hope to influence the vote in some way? I don't get it.

dfah.jpg

Attachments

• dfah.jpg
    dfah.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 526
Adma is right...
Etobicoke North was not a safe PC riding in '99 and Hastings was the best bet to hold it. Is Sr ran in that riding the PC's would have lost it probably returning to it the NDP .

Or, reflecting what *actually* transpired, going to the Grits' Dr. Shafiq Qaadri one term early. (Ed Philip's comeback bid for the NDP was only good for 3rd.)

Strange article by Warmington on Doug filling in. I wonder sometimes if he's fallen off the wagon when he writes these pieces. Just call Doug Ford The Shadow

Very strange indeed. I guess he is worried about Postmedia cleaning house.

Doug really was a shadow as councillor though.

Last edited:
Very strange indeed. I guess he is worried about Postmedia cleaning house.

Doug really was a shadow as councillor though.

God, Warmington is just the worst writer. How can you work at a newspaper as long as he has and not know how to use a fricking comma? Or a question mark?

“Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!”

After the first week of May [MISSING COMMA] don’t call him former Councillor Doug Ford anymore.

Or unsuccessful mayoral candidate Doug Ford. Don’t even call Doug Ford Rob Ford’s big brother.

Of course he is all of those things but when the sitting Councillor (Rob) Ford is off recuperating from major cancer surgery, Doug Ford will have a new, unofficial title.

Just call him The Shadow.

After all, next month, [EXTRA COMMA]he has vowed to step in and “take care” of his old Ward 2 constituents in which his brother, the former mayor, now serves. [ALSO CONFUSING TENSE; HOW CAN HE HAVE VOWED NEXT MONTH?]

There is no title for that. The Shadow fits perfectly.

This is not 1940s radio. This will be a real life,[EXTRA COMMA AND REDUNDANT; REAL LIFE IS THE SAME AS REALITY, MORON] reality show that should be a lot of fun. Who says city hall is boring.[USE A QUESTION MARK WHEN ASKING A QUESTION]

“I love it,” Doug said [MISSING COMMA] laughing at the suggestion of calling him The Shadow.

Not everybody will be laughing. [COMMA INSTEAD OF PERIOD]Because when it comes to The Shadow, he will be a pain in the hides of certain people at city hall.

And shadowing them, he will be. [I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THIS "SENTENCE"]

Doug Ford will [MISSING COMMA]in essence [MISSING COMMA]be a shadow councillor, a shadow government and even a shadow mayor.

...and so and and so on. Content aside, his articles are just amazingly poorly written. Clearly the Sun editors don't even try.

Also, this is what came to mind when I read Doug will "take care of" Ward 2's residents...

tcare.jpg

Attachments

• tcare.jpg
    tcare.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
I say let him try.

1. He won't actually show up. Maybe once for effect but that's it.
2. He won't actually return calls. Maybe one when Wormington "happens" to be in the neighbourhood.
3. If he does try to muck around in the office he'll invariably break privacy laws, and those are pretty strict.
4. Maybe he can also do his brother's furniture ads

He's doing this for the press now, and maybe for a scrum in the back of council. Otherwise, 'making' him sit in the audience with his mouth shut keeps him away from sharp objects. But it doesn't matter because he won't actually do anything - and we all know that.

I gather than Ezra's secret gig writing speeches for the Puffster has kinda dried up.

He can always suck up the cash of his supporters instead, though I don't know how much he would have left after the lawsuits. Not so funny is the fact that tax dollars ended up helping to fund his BS (however indirectly)

AoD

I say let him try.

1. He won't actually show up. Maybe once for effect but that's it.
2. He won't actually return calls. Maybe one when Wormington "happens" to be in the neighbourhood.
3. If he does try to muck around in the office he'll invariably break privacy laws, and those are pretty strict.
4. Maybe he can also do his brother's furniture ads

He's doing this for the press now, and maybe for a scrum in the back of council. Otherwise, 'making' him sit in the audience with his mouth shut keeps him away from sharp objects. But it doesn't matter because he won't actually do anything - and we all know that.

I bet he will show up, cause a scene, get kicked out and then spend the rest of the time popping up in the media to cry foul

I bet he will show up, cause a scene, get kicked out and then spend the rest of the time popping up in the media to cry foul

It all reminds me of _______ radical preacher/speaker/provocateur who puts a downpayment on a convention centre and then "organizes" a conference on some controversial topic. The intention is never to actually hold it or sell tickets, but rather to make empty boasts about how many people are coming and then cause such a stink that the facility returns the deposit to make them go away. In the end it's all about the cheap publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back