524     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 829     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 553     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with most of what Tory has done today but there was no reason at all to appoint RoFo anywhere. He is lucky he can use Ford's illness as an excuse.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 5m5 minutes ago
Rob Ford's final statement as Toronto mayor: "I wish to thank the people of Toronto for their support over the last 4 years as their Mayor"
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 5m5 minutes ago
Ford statement: "In these four years, we have accomplished so much. We’ve stopped the out of control spending growth at City Hall..."
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 4m4 minutes ago
Ford: " Over the next 4 years, I will continue to look out for the people of Toronto, by making sure that their money is put to good use"
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 4m4 minutes ago
Ford: " Thank you again for the privilege of representing you as Mayor these past four years, and to continue to do so for the next four"

He will be spending most of his time in the hospital or laying at home feeling like crap.

Ford is no longer mayor?

7drHiqrh.jpg

I don't agree with most of what Tory has done today but there was no reason at all to appoint RoFo anywhere. He is lucky he can use Ford's illness as an excuse.

Rob's been on Modified Duty for well over a year. He was MINO long before the Big C.

Removed "Mayor" from the thread title. Felt so damned good.

Looks good too. :)

Last edited:
Curious mix on Tory's exec committee appointments. The number of soft-on-Ford types makes sense to me. It diminishes Rob's voice, ridiiculous as it is, on the ideological conservative front and give Tory's team a chance to claim that ground. But for a guy who says he can work with everybody, he should have brought a voice from the left and given downtown a presence on his executive. IMO, this exec looks kind of like a group that's been assembled to charge at the pro-Ford sentiment in the east and west. Methinks Mr. Tory already has an eye on a second term, and he wants a majority vote next time.

"Happy Days are Here Again!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqsT4xnKZPg

So long sad times
Go long bad times
We are rid of you at last
Howdy gay times
Cloudy gray times
You are now a thing of the past

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again

Altogether shout it now
There's no one
Who can doubt it now
So let's tell the world about it now

Your cares and troubles are gone
There'll be no more from now on
From now on...

The skies above are clear again
So, let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy times
Happy nights
Happy days
Are here again!

Songwriters: AGER, MILTON/YELLEN, JACK

Looks like Rob Ford will not be co-Mayor, not even a deputy Mayor. Not even a chair of any department or committee or board. Guess Doug Ford wasn't able to bully Tory to get Rob a position of power.

See link at The Star.

"Power" can only be with "drinking" or "nap" in relation to Robbie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back