1.3K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's promising. Both robfordformayor.ca and dougfordmayor.ca were registered by Go Daddy Canada and both use WordPress. Rob's site has contact info but Doug's does not. One assumes that Doug will continue to use Quint Guglielmi, the managing partner of Thirdeye Technologies Inc., who designed both Rob's site and the Cut the Waist website.

That said, every folder name I tried kicks back to the same Administrative Mode splash page.

So there's two Doug for mayor sites, right? One's a fake and one has no name on it. Does the one with no name on it share things in common with Rob's site?

Ward 2 voters have suddenly gone from being under-noticed in an under-developed area to being the most important ward in the entire mega-city. The spotlight is on you.

Only Ward 2 has the power to stamp-out the Ford virus. The entire city is sick of the obstruction and oxygen-sucking noise generated by the Fords. Voting for Rob as Councillor will in fact be Ford More Years, just with the volume turned down a bit. Rofo is now worldwide, so there’s no turning back to pre-2010. Be Toronto’s heroes and get out to vote.

Anybody with friends or family in Ward 2, offer to take them to lunch, babysit, walk their dog, kiss their hiney, you name it. Call it your personal activism. They have the power to fix this, but you may not. Get them to vote and do the right thing.

Ward 2, it’s up to you. There are many better candidates than Rob, but to deliver the king hit, it’s time to vote for Andray.

I'm reminded of the time that Sheila Copps was forced to resign over her promise to scrap the GST, then ran in the Hamilton East by-election and won:

buttheads.jpg

Attachments

• buttheads.jpg
    buttheads.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 685
This dawned on me: with DoFo being the so-called "smarter brother" and w/o RoFo's shambling charm, won't any malaprops and boo-boos a la "camping office" loom larger as liabilities?

Him cursing out or blaming Ford Nation for not supporting their true Leader, which in Doug's mind is Doug not Rob. Or him physically attacking Tory or Chow on TV. TPS arresting Rob before mid october. All 3 scenarios may not be very probable, then again here we are discussing this in 2014.

Or TPS arresting *Doug* before mid October, if the physical-attack scenario comes to pass (never mind any Deco-druggo-or-otherwise-related shenanigans)

Elect Andyse

Anybody with friends or family in Ward 2, offer to take them to lunch, babysit, walk their dog, kiss their hiney, you name it. Call it your personal activism. They have the power to fix this, but you may not. Get them to vote and do the right thing.

Ward 2, it’s up to you. There are many better candidates than Rob, but to deliver the king hit, it’s time to vote for Andray.

Not only Ward 2. but it is time for people across the city to step up to the plate. I live downtown but gave my donation AND emailed all my friends across the city to encourage them to do the same. It is time intelligence return to Etobicoke. I just heard Doug Holyday on Metro Morning, and his intelligence quota has not improved since he was elected MPP for Etobicoke—Lakeshore.

Good morning All,

Just weighing in with my own theory on DoFo's motivations for joining the mayoral race:

The Fords must have seen the writing on the wall for RoFo's loss in 2014. Even for the Fords, their brand is just too tarnished. In looking ahead to a mayoral comeback in 2018, they realize it was their David vs. Goliath (i.e. the lone Ford vs. the tax-and-spend NDP machine) narrative that carried an inept RoFo to the Mayor's chair in 2010. But with Tory heading for victory (a near sure thing in a 2-way Tory/Chow race), the Fords lose that narrative and risk getting shut out of City Hall for a long time.

What I'm suggesting then is that Doug is only on the ballot to split the 'right-of-centre' vote and give Chow a fighting chance to win. With an NDP mayor and RoFo griping from the sidelines in his old Ward 2 seat, 2018 will be 2010 all over again.

It's all about the long con with these guys. IMO, last week's change-up was just part of a longer-term strategy, and nothing to do at all with DoFo becoming Mayor.

Thoughts?

Good morning All,

Just weighing in with my own theory on DoFo's motivations for joining the mayoral race:

The Fords must have seen the writing on the wall for RoFo's loss in 2014. Even for the Fords, their brand is just too tarnished. In looking ahead to a mayoral comeback in 2018, they realize it was their David vs. Goliath (i.e. the lone Ford vs. the tax-and-spend NDP machine) narrative that carried an inept RoFo to the Mayor's chair in 2010. But with Tory heading for victory (a near sure thing in a 2-way Tory/Chow race), the Fords lose that narrative and risk getting shut out of City Hall for a long time.

What I'm suggesting then is that Doug is only on the ballot to split the 'right-of-centre' vote and give Chow a fighting chance to win. With an NDP mayor and RoFo griping from the sidelines in his old Ward 2 seat, 2018 will be 2010 all over again.

It's all about the long con with these guys. IMO, last week's change-up was just part of a longer-term strategy, and nothing to do at all with DoFo becoming Mayor.

Thoughts?

I agree they want Olivia to win. Remember Rob's rant? I bet they feel that Tory is being disloyal to them and Tory doing a decent job for the next 4 years doesn't fit in their plans. They want to rescue Toronto in 2018 from the evil lefties, that doesn't work if a right leaning mayor gets elected.

Good morning All,

Thoughts?

Rob Ford would split the votes even if in the hospital. Ford Nation would vote for him even if he's dead.

Rob Ford would split the votes even if in the hospital. Ford Nation would vote for him even if he's dead.

Totally agree, but then RoFo wouldn't have a Council seat to maintain his political profile. I think Doug is the sacrificial Ford Nation lamb. Give the dummies DoFo to vote for as mayor, lest the flock wander off to support Tory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back