152     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 242     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 370     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know RoFo's "tongue thing" at his Sheppard subway presser? I first recall him doing it in his Sunnybrook photo op during his infamous "Grand Hotel" moment...
http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=195459

RollbackViceroy_large.jpg

He was thinner then. Incredible.

This is Exactly why I bought hers and won't buy his, mind you I would probably read it from the library.

Ditto. Though I'm sure his equivocating and self-promotion will be its own kind of entertainment. That guy gets zero respect from me but, hey, the more that's out there about what the heck was going on at city hall, the better - even from Towhey. But to give him MONEY? Never.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Soknacki was polling at 3 to 6. Though he's a conservative, had a fair bit of progressive support. Departure may help Chow, Tory, not Ford.

What Dale says.

Ford also said the Etobicoke Ford Fest is indeed a camping event.

Last edited:
I was at TIFF for meetings with producers, and CRAZYTOWN is a go. Between that and the Alec Baldwin show, no-one is going to touch Twohey's (undoubtedly self-serving, anodyne) tome with a bargepole. Thankfully.

Ditto. Though I'm sure his equivocating and self-promotion will be its own kind of entertainment. That guy gets zero respect from me but, hey, the more that's out there about what the heck was going on at city hall, the better - even from Towhey. But to give him MONEY? Never.

Double ditto

It all depends on why they have the weight they do, some people are stress eaters and some are dealing with a side effect of meds for examples.

IMHO, the Fords' weight problems are emotionally driven.

Though it's funny with Mikey's case: when scrolling down to look at the picture for the first time, I first thought he looked normally "stocky"...until I scrolled to the waist; it's like that spare tire's grossly malproportioned relative to the upper torso, or like it was maliciously photoshopped in. Even by "Ford physique" standards, it's bizarre...

John Stall @Stall680news
#Soknaki drops out of #Mayoral race. His 4 % w likely migrate to @johntoryTO.. Will @oliviachow follow to ensure a change at city hall?

Just one opinion.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Forum poll coming out tomorrow was Soknacki's best ever. 6% support. 58% approval, up 10. Name recognition near 80, up from the 60s.

Being a Forum poll, I am concerned that it will give Ford a boost.

Last edited:
There used to be a huge open grass patch right beside that outlet store. Can't recall if it's still there though - I don't travel north on Islington much.

Bad location though - you can only access that from Islington southbound. There's a median in the way for the northbound folks, who will need to head north and turn around.

Or, do as the in-the-know locals have always done: access it via Bergamot.

If the land developer happens to be pro-Ford and donates the use of the private land (for Ford Fest) I don't have any problem with it - keeps all the wing-nuts penned in - that lot has a good sturdy fence around it.

And interestingly, IIRC the Toronto Congress Centre (home of the 2010 election night party and the 2014 campaign launch) was itself a Sears warehouse before it became the TCC.

Another interesting tidbit: the Sears power plant (by Parkin) is on the cover of this book

9780773543492.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back