69     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 347     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 655     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone should have security it's Norm Kelly. But, thankfully, unlike American cities, Toronto's municipal leaders have never ( as far as I know ) required bodyguards.

He's not a leader by any stretch IMO, but I can think of one municipal politician that can benefit from a 24/7 TPS detail. ;P

Since Fordo doesn't seem to be facing arrest any time soon by TPS, or possibly ever.
Maybe the next time the Fords call in about a threat, TPS can say that's it, you're obviously in danger Mr. Mayor.
We are now assigning 2 officers (that are not from 22 Division) at all time to watch out for you.

Anyone willing to bet Rob and Thug will suddenly go, '24/7...Uh...no that's ok, really officers.
They're probably just some autistic kids trying to prank us. Thank you for coming out here,
we always support the frontline cops. Here have a fridge magnet.'

No offense though - it wasn't like these disgusting comments of his were an unknown prior to his candidacy in 2010. There is a liberal amount of willful ignorance on the part of the soft supporters back then, and it makes one question their judgement in general.

AoD

I fully admit I looked past his indiscretions when I voted for him in 2010.

I knew he was a deeply flawed man. But, then ... so was Smitherman, his main competitor. I picked Ford.

Would I do it again with what we know now? No.

I fully admit I looked past his indiscretions when I voted for him in 2010.
I knew he was a deeply flawed man. But, then ... so was Smitherman, his main competitor. I picked Ford.
Would I do it again with what we know now? No.

Interesting that you should mention Smitherman - as much as I dislike him, you do have to admit he has a far, far better track record of staying sober and away from run-ins with the law - and the Ford supporters were quite eager to point out his record of drug use at the time. There is a certain irony in that.

AoD

BsvqAOzCYAAKfIj.jpg

"My girl, my girl... don't lie to me.
Tell me where did you sleep last night?"

Multiple news outlets are reporting that sources indicate today's RCMP news conference (in a few minutes) will be to announce that Mike Duffy is being charged with fraud and breach of trust.

Duffy charged and RoFo hospitalized in the same day?

During this term, Smitherman has suffered the kind of domestic tragedy that adma keeps predicting for Ford. Imagine undergoing that if he had been in office. His four years wouldn't have been the massive shitshow of Ford, but it wouldn't have been an easy term for Smitherman either. He also can have a difficult personality, and he was a flawed candidate.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m
Mayor Rob Ford was at hospital this morning to have an "injury to his toe" examined by doctors: Mayor's spokesman #TOpoli

Nice excuse!

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth 2m
'Sobriety Coach' Bob Marier now gone ...Doug Ford tells me Rob #Ford is 'good enough to stand on his own' @CP24 #TOpoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back