468     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 796     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 538     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely - I think some people might feel uncomfortable, but Greenstone is hardly run of the mill rehab. And what confidentiality? The guy was posting pic of him and telling eveyone it is amazing while getting others into trouble and into the public eye.

His initial rehab isn't a lie, but the grand proclaimations and self-pity at the June 30 conference is a total and utter fraud.

AoD

I hear what you guys are saying. I never even thought he stayed at GS. I thought he was at his cottage the whole time and attending a day program.
But there is a huge gap between what we here at UT know/believe, and what the average person does.
I think the average person still thinks he is trying to recover.
The confidentiality of the staff, especially, was broken. The other patients talking about him too is unusual.
For The Star to publish what is supposed to be private is risky imho.
It could go either way.
Hopefully, most people are too sick of him for the breach to garner any sympathy.

This report might push people to have more sympathy for Ford since his recovery confidentiality was breached.
Not sure if it was a good call by The Star.

There will be backlash against the Star for publishing details of Rob's experience, but I don't think it will shift Rob's numbers. People have pretty much made up their minds and I doubt few will opinions will soften one way or another as a result of this story. People's opinions about the Star are another matter. Personally, I think the story is fair game. Rob made his addictions a public issue. If he wants privacy, he should seek it as a private citizen.

This report might push people to have more sympathy for Ford since his recovery confidentiality was breached.

If Rob had been taking rehab seriously, putting in any real effort to try to shake his demons .. there would be no story, nothing worth reporting.

Ford did not respond to a detailed letter requesting comment.

So was it Rob or Doug that punched out Doug's car window, after receiving that letter last night....

They'd give it more time than that. I'd bet it was received last week, when people were seen huddling during an executive meeting. And when I said they had got a letter and something was going to be released soon... ;)

And let's not forget Joe W. spoke with and quoted another rehab resident. Of course, that guy had nothing but great things to say about RoFo, including that he makes great coffee.

They'd give it more time than that. I'd bet it was received last week, when people were seen huddling during an executive meeting. And when I said they had got a letter and something was going to be released soon... ;)

maybe shortly before the 'family meeting' at Rob's CH office that had Rob miss the second half of the Argo game on Saturday...

I don't think there's enough empathy left for the guy to anyone to think that exposing his continued lies is a violation of privacy at this point.

(And as I've seen people point out on Twitter, hard to call Warmington one day and then complain about your privacy the next. He's got no moral high ground here.)

It dovetails awfully perfectly with the previous reports of the car in the woods too. And I know it's been discussed here before but has Leon's history been laid out in the press like that before? (Based on Donovan's description, it sounds like they had him on possession but tried to go for trafficking based on the amount and couldn't make it stick, allowing him to say he was innocent etc.)

When considering how long ago they got the letter of questions from The Star, it's worth looking back to when he cancelled all those interviews. Could Donovan have had that much then? Maybe he had a bit but needed one more source?

I've said before I really can't understand what goes on in Ford's head (either one of em). Why not spare yourself this? You must know, deep down if not outright, that you cannot win again. You know you can't get anything else done these next few months. Why put yourself through this? If he resigns last week, maybe Donovan lets this story go. But no, he's got to keep saying stupid things like "I have nothing else to hide" or "I'll never touch another drop" or start campaigning in the middle of his apology. It's so self-destructive that as much as I hate what they put the city through, I just want him to stop because watching such a damaged human being do this to themselves so publicly is upsetting in its own right.

And let's not forget Joe W. spoke with and quoted another rehab resident. Of course, that guy had nothing but great things to say about RoFo, including that he makes great coffee.

Oh, crap! That's right! Joe W had a totally different story making this a he said/he said thing. I don't know who to believe now!!:p

Last edited:
But an important thing to note here is that, as everyone had suspected all along, there was no recovery. There wasn't even an attempt at recovery. I'm sure Doug will threaten to sue, but in the end the recovery story was nothing but a lie.

This article would explain why many of the times Rob was out and about time, it was during the group session times that were on Greenestones webpage.

I'm not surprised by his behaviour and lies. But lots of addicts act out in rehab. This is just another sign that Greenstone isn't capable or interested in providing proper treatment.

Rehab facilities should provide different levels of treatment. My relative is in a programme that offers primary, secondary, and tertiary care. Primary care is in a hospital environment during detox. But staff will send disruptive patients back to primary care if they aren't ready for group therapy in secondary care.

His whole stay was a PR nightmare for GS. This is definitely damage control. But it's too little, too late.

Maybe from his core base, they support him no matter what. But people are used to tabloids leaking information whenever any celebrity goes to rehab. He's a celebrity now, so I don't think there will be an outpouring of sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back