1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smitherman's partner was ill, it's a tragic, very private matter. For Peepers to twist it in such a way is deplorable, despicable.

The problem with what Peepers posted is he's assuming the police and media are in on a conspiracy. It's likely the police know exactly how Peloso died (having done an autopsy on his body) and the media know as well and have decided not to report on gory details because they add no value to the story and would amount to nothing more than tasteless rubbernecking at a private tragedy. Some people don't feel like they can trust the media & police that far, and I can understand that to some degree, but I also understand the other side that says not everything needs to be published.

Sooo, there is a big Board of Trade function going on and:

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 1h

Mayor Ford just arrived at Toronto Region Board of Trade dinner. Last November, TRBOT CEO called on Ford to step down.

Messages from the Prime Minister, Premier, and Deputy Mayor in TROBT program. pic.twitter.com/knMAXjY89e

#TRBOT CEO says community has been distracted by negative attention. All but mentions Mayor Ford. Round of applause from crowd.

Mayor Ford no longer in his seat at #TRBOTAD Unclear if he left. CEO's speech mentions distractions and negative publicity.

LOL

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba 15m
Mayor Ford has left the TRBOT dinner.

Ford said he has few allies on council, naming Etobicoke North Councillor Vince Crisanti, budget chief Frank Di Giorgio, council speaker Frances Nunziata and Anthony Perruzza, chair of the community development committee.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2014/01/27/mayor_rob_ford_keeps_budget_ideas_secret_saying_he_doesnt_trust_backstabbing_councillors.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

What perverse reasoning (or influence) drove Anthony Perruzza to go from being opposition to Ford to being among the handful of crazies Ford considers his support?

Last edited:
LOL

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba 15m
Mayor Ford has left the TRBOT dinner.

WOW!! But did he take Katie Simpson hostage because she hasn't tweeted in almost half an hour?

Edit: Katie is okay :D

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 1m

Unless the Mayor changed tables, it appears Rob Ford left #TRBOTAD after Carol Wilding's speech, that was quite political.

Last edited:
BfCCquzCQAEnTvR.jpg

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 10m

Thanks to Carol Wilding, President of the @TorontoRBOT for taking the time to personally invite me to tonight's event

-----

I am not sure why he tweeted this. I saw it on Mayor Rob Frod's account and then saw it on Ford's twitter account.

Attachments

• BfCCquzCQAEnTvR.jpg
    BfCCquzCQAEnTvR.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 492
View attachment 22051

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 10m

Thanks to Carol Wilding, President of the @TorontoRBOT for taking the time to personally invite me to tonight's event

-----

I am not sure why he tweeted this. I saw it on Mayor Rob Frod's account and then saw it on Ford's twitter account.

I think his staff does the tweeting for him. Maybe there is a communication breakdown between RoFo and said staff?:))

Tweeted a thank you to an invite to the event, after he left the event. Bewildering! The actions of a desperate politician on the campaign trail.

I think his staff does the tweeting for him. Maybe there is a communication breakdown between RoFo and said staff?:))

Oh I have no doubt he doesn't tweet. I really wish he would because you have to figure his spelling and grammar must be awful :D

I wonder if he went to Steak Queen after he left? And where is Katie Simpson? She was tweeting until he disappeared.

Peepers et al going on about Peloso is sh*t. I suffer from depression and have been watching the story. Generally the methods of suicides are kept quiet (e.g. the TTC doesn't publicize its suicide numbers for a reason).

My own thoughts on Ford and his wife...it seems she has an issue with substances; sometimes people who tank themselves/get high regularly will fall/cut themselves often. That could be the case.

The voter is being offered two pills, one red and the other blue. If the voter takes the blue pill he will remain in Toronto in blissful ignorance and if the voter takes the red pill he will disconnect from it and return to reality. Of course he takes the red pill and comes to realize the city he lives in is actually a simulated reality of the Ford brothers.

MatrixBluePillRedPill.jpg

Oh I have no doubt he doesn't tweet. I really wish he would because you have to figure his spelling and grammar must be awful :D

I wonder if he went to Steak Queen after he left? And where is Katie Simpson? She was tweeting until he disappeared.

Bad grammar and spelling is one thing, I think the main concern is his being the loose cannon he is even when he is sober. Can you imagine his tweets while "in a drunken stupor" and high on crack??

What perverse reasoning (or influence) drove Anthony Perruzza to go from being opposition to Ford to being among the handful of crazies Ford considers his support?

I've never understood the relationship between Ford and Perruzza. Perruzza is a card carrying NDP member who is one of the most reliable opponents of Ford's agenda (at least in terms of his votes). Ford, who has proven to be particularly vengeful against councilors like Ainslie and Robinson for voting against him, has continued to maintain a good relationship with Perruzza and has kept him on executive committee.

Whoa!!!

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 28s

Toronto Region Board of Trade confirms Mayor Ford was not invited to dinner. Say invite was a mistake. "Slipped through cracks"

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 1m

Toronto Region Board of Trade says they told Mayor's office over the phone he was not invited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back