308     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 589     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 901     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as the elevator excuse was told, Doolittle and Simpson both said they'd find out if it was true. How sad is it that every word that comes off his tongue is assumed to be a lie?

Am I a reprehensible person for having been excited, during the hour or so in which nobody knew where he was, at the thought that Ford might've been dead?

Because dear lord I deeply wished he was dead.

As soon as the elevator excuse was told, Doolittle and Simpson both said they'd find out if it was true. How sad is it that every word that comes off his tongue is assumed to be a lie?

Only a fool wouldn't at this point...

Of course, even if he's 100% honest about the elevator, it means he'd have been over 20 minutes late for his own speech, which is still a stunningly irresponsible thing. And would represent a suspiciously long trip from City Hall to the hotel.

The president of the Economic Club spoke to the media, she was stuck on the elevator. A photo was tweeted of maintenance guys trying to open the door. I guess it's possible that the story is legit.

This one tweet is pretty funny: Our mayor told the truth about the elevator...never been prouder to live in this city.

I'll need a little more than this. It's in the President Of the Economic Club's best interests if Ford doesn't look like a total mental case, since they were the ones who invited him, and charged people money to see him.

Apparently applause was 'tepid'. On another note, remember when the Manager of the Bier Market and organizers of Garrison Ball cliamed robbie was sober and not asked to leave?

Hospitality industry exercises discretion. Not saying it's not true. He may have been legit stuck in an elevator. But with this guy you never know.

Ford's problem isn't crack, alcohol, abusive behaviour or cell phones...it is clearly elevators and they must be cut from the budget.

Am I a reprehensible person for having been excited, during the hour or so in which nobody knew where he was, at the thought that Ford might've been dead?

Because dear lord I deeply wished he was dead.

I was more hoping for an arrest. I'd way rather see him in an orange jumpsuit than a casket.

This elevator thing is so bizarre. The woman giving her story about it on CP24 didn't even seem to believe her own story. No cell phone service on the elevator, but somehow they were able to alert security to help them get out, who for some reason didn't tell anyone else they were in there.

The monitoring phone lines go straight to the monitoring company who handles dispatch. I have a hard time believing they (the monitoring company) called maintenance directly without building management being notified - and at the very least the elevator passengers saying "please relay a message for us". I've been trapped in several elevators over the years (working in building management) and the monitoring companies are really good at accommodating the needs/requests of trapped passengers.

Apparently applause was 'tepid'. On another note, remember when the Manager of the Bier Market and organizers of Garrison Ball cliamed robbie was sober and not asked to leave?

Hospitality industry exercises discretion. Not saying it's not true. He may have been legit stuck in an elevator. But with this guy you never know.
So the president of the economic club is in on the conspiracy? Did she arrive at the hotel before Ford and hide in a broom closet so nobody would see her until Ford was ready to come out of the bathroom where he was doing lines? Or was she in her car heading towards the hotel and got a call from Ford's staff saying "wait 45 minutes, please". Unless someone says that they saw the president during the time she was supposed to be in the elevator, I'm going to believe Ford on this one. Even though a huge part of me doesn't want to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back