308     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 591     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 901     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad this didn't surface closer to the election. Unfortunately in 9 months time lots of people won't care or remember and will vote for him. I still can't believe how many stupid people there are in Toronto.

That seems consistent with the last polls I've seen. What does it say about Toronto when Ford is supported by around one voter in five after all this? I mean, I've assumed this is a reasonably intelligent city and I've made a life here on that basis. But what if Ford is the true voice and face of Toronto? There are a lot of progressive, well run, and warmer cities out there in the world. Maybe it's time to give up and leave.

It's a difficult question. Stay and fight, or cut and run? Staying and fighting means committing to basically decades of hard work rebuilding in many ways fundamentally broken public education and municipal political systems and social programs. Cutting and running means... well, not having to do that. Or having to do far, far less of it.

Do we live for ourselves only - our own individual comfort, prosperity, and well-being?

Or do we sacrifice some of that to do as much as we can to improve the lives of everyone in the broader society we're part of?

More simply, in Fordian terms: Are we taxpayers, or are we citizens?

Myself, I like the second option. Being a dedicated, responsible, society-building citizen. Feels more adult. And more rewarding.

Last edited:
Too bad this didn't surface closer to the election. Unfortunately in 9 months time lots of people won't care or remember and will vote for him. I still can't believe how many stupid people there are in Toronto.
There arr stupid people everywhere, it's not just limited to Toronto.

This ain't going to change anything. After talking to some voters, they don't really care about things like that. They are still solidly behind him. I think what we need to be scared of is this clown getting reelected.

Yep. Currently they are screaming to leave him alone. We're picking on such a delicate little flower. They love him all the more for this. I do not think, however, that this is going to get him more votes. the core that doesn't care about this city and still supports Ford will always support Ford. Screw them. They don't run this city anymore. We do. We can take it back

It's a difficult question. Stay and fight, or cut and run? Staying and fighting means committing to basically decades of hard work rebuilding in many ways fundamentally broken public education and municipal political systems and social programs. Cutting and running means... well, not having to do that. Or having to do far, far less of it.

Do we live for ourselves only - our own individual comfort, prosperity, and well-being?

Or do we sacrifice some of that to do as much as we can to improve the lives of everyone in the broader society we're part of?

More simply, in Fordian terms: Are we taxpayers, or are we citizens?

Myself, I like the second option. Being a dedicated, responsible, society-building citizen. Feels more adult. And more rewarding.
Well said.

Probably doing crystal meth. Nobody asked him if he did meth, did they?

Got me thinking...When asked if he was drinking and admitted so quick to it im pretty sure he wasn't actually drinking. That's what a liar does.

He wont admit to doing drugs obviously but will gladly tell everyone he was drinking(cause that's less of a horror-even though he went on CP24 and made a promise) and it doesn't matter what he does on his own time LOL

This is a mayor ...of an actual city??

Come on

Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly said the mayor showed a “shocking lack of judgment†by again allowing himself to be filmed in an inebriated state, and called for Ford to take a leave of absence.

“Step down from the office or just step aside and seek professional help,†he said. “If it's happened once it may happen again.â€

http://nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=196318

Residents of Roncesvalles will be walking a little farther away from the curb these days.

Why do you say Roncey? I live near there!

Is this his new hang out, chugging back Zywiec and purpurowym Jezusi with "polaks" as he adoringly calls his wife's family?

You know what they say, if you have to explain the joke, it's not funny.

I was responding to:

So he's still driving around drunk?

I hope he wraps himself around a pole. Any day now. Thanks, universe.

Watch out Poles.

- Pole (pl)
n.
1. A native or inhabitant of Poland.
2. A person of Polish descent.

- Roncesvalles, Toronto: Culturally, the area is known as the centre of the Polish community in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back