27     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 206     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.2K     5 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's part of the point here though isn't it? Discourage sprawl. If you build up instead of out then there will be more uncovered ground to soak up the storm water.

Lots will just get smaller to accommodate the smaller footprints of the taller homes. People won't gain more yard if there's money to be made by making them smaller. The only true way to discourage sprawl is to get people living in multifamily dwellings.

This amount of silence is not what I expected, not that I am complaining about it. We don't have daily updates from Doug and Dan Jacobs has been quiet for days.

This amount of silence is not what I expected...
we all have our burdens to bear

my ford withdrawal is progressing nicely, and i await the close of this thread

meanwhile, we have port lands and ferris wheels to consider, in Mayor John Tory's Toronto...

i'll be at wychwood barns for the #GardinerEast meeting tonight

Toronto bullet artist shows his arsenal to the U.S.
Of the many iconic images Mitic has crafted, few are more popular than his Rob Ford portrait, which was completed shortly after the crack cocaine scandal rocked the mayor's office in 2013.
2015518-rob-ford-2.jpg

http://www.blogto.com/arts/2015/05/toronto_bullet_artist_shows_his_arsenal_to_the_us/

Attachments

• 2015518-rob-ford-2.jpg
    2015518-rob-ford-2.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 1,016
It's a flawed method to begin with. Flat roofs are less likely to send water elsewhere and yet will be taxed the same. In addition, what about rain barrels? Concrete yards? The number of trees? All of these things will affect runoff.

Flat roofs still shed water... and thanks to Robbie there are a lot of houses in east Toronto that drain into the storm sewers. The costs are homogenized by this method, it also takes into account that a larger roof print usually means larger parking surfaces. Build taller? Regular property costs kick in I guess.

Last edited:
This amount of silence is not what I expected, not that I am complaining about it. We don't have daily updates from Doug and Dan Jacobs has been quiet for days.

we all have our burdens to bear

my ford withdrawal is progressing nicely, and i await the close of this thread

meanwhile, we have port lands and ferris wheels to consider, in Mayor John Tory's Toronto...

i'll be at wychwood barns for the #GardinerEast meeting tonight

Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 7.21.51 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 7.21.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 7.21.51 AM.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 853
First off, why not make it $0.05 per square foot of roof area. I never liked stepped functions because some poeple are always hit harder at the transition.

Second, should there be a reduction for the amount of grass, lawn, flower bed, etc. area that exist. These areas act to store the water through seepage, and not flood the drainage systems.

Mississauga doesn't think their tax is perfect; maybe you think your tax is perfect, but Mississauga's isn't. They're moving on.

People complain when he's all over the news, people complain when he's not in the news ............

Last edited:
The dude who lost to Ford in ward 2 is out of control lately with race baiting. I was wrong about that guy. Disappointing!

The dude who lost to Ford in ward 2 is out of control lately with race baiting. I was wrong about that guy. Disappointing!

I think his ego got way out of control because everyone wanted him to win...I'm not sure he realizes it was because of who he was running against. I thought coming in third and being so far behind Ford would make him a bit quieter but it hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back