320     0 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.2K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 4.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wasn't he absent a lot when he was paid "help", er councillor? Same old, same old, no?

True, he did miss 53% of votes.

You're missing an important aspect of their modus operandi: once a Ford says they are going to do a thing, as far as they're concerned, it is effectively done…as in "we built the Scarborough Subway."

That said, at the very least, Doug is saving his energy for the first post-Rob Council meeting next month, where he will haunt the Rotunda looking for fresh camera crews on which to feast.

Most likely. Has to get some attention.

ETA:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 5m5 minutes ago
Mayor John Tory introduced by Toronto Police as "a man we all respect for bringing credibility back to governance at the City of Toronto"

Some major shade being thrown at Rob. Keep it up!

Last edited:
[video=youtube;S0GBeOnxA4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0GBeOnxA4M#t=83[/video]

This drone video that's gone viral reminds me of the time me and Sandro played fireworks tag. It was dumb enough that we were shooting at each other from a distance. Our clothes probably could've caught fire. Near the end he pretends to be startled by me walking up behind him and shoots me point blank in the face. Probably came within inches of losing an eye. That's the kind of dumb crap were used to do lol. He was more an obnoxious, goofy prankster back then.

This drone video that's gone viral reminds me of the time me and Sandro played fireworks tag. It was dumb enough that we were shooting at each other from a distance. Our clothes probably could've caught fire. Near the end he pretends to be startled by me walking up behind him and shoots me point blank in the face. Probably came within inches of losing an eye. That's the kind of dumb crap were used to do lol. He was more an obnoxious, goofy prankster back then.

Is Sandro connected to Lisi Mechanical, a contractor located on Disco Rd in Etobicoke?

You're missing an important aspect of their modus operandi: once a Ford says they are going to do a thing, as far as they're concerned, it is effectively done…as in "we built the Scarborough Subway."

That said, at the very least, Doug is saving his energy for the first post-Rob Council meeting next month, where he will haunt the Rotunda looking for fresh camera crews on which to feast.

Bingo!

Dogmatic beliefs use the logic often, it's all about intent, take the taskforce on the homeless or Woodbine Live (a stretch but relevant). Things fall apart? Well, that's someone else's fault.

... was his namo! :p

I'm guessing that Rob wouldn't like the "McMansion" tax that Mississauga is considering, coming to Toronto. The larger the roof, the more tax one will pay.

missi-0.jpg

See The Star, at this link.

See streetview of Rob's home at this link.

Attachments

• missi-0.jpg
    missi-0.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 663
I'm guessing that Rob wouldn't like the "McMansion" tax that Mississauga is considering, coming to Toronto. The larger the roof, the more tax one will pay.

Great idea, we definitely need something like this with our management problems. There would be tonnes of people balking at the initiative to pay our bills.

Last edited:
First off, why not make it $0.05 per square foot of roof area. I never liked stepped functions because some poeple are always hit harder at the transition.

Second, should there be a reduction for the amount of grass, lawn, flower bed, etc. area that exist. These areas act to store the water through seepage, and not flood the drainage systems.

View attachment 46630

See The Star, at this link.

See streetview of Rob's home at this link.

*Sigh* does no one learn from the gaming of property taxes in the UK? When there was a tax on ground floor area, they made houses taller. The government also taxed based on the number of windows in a dwelling, and so people started building fewer (and faux) windows in their houses and bricking up old ones. I can't see a "roof tax" doing much more than incentivizing vertical building.

Last edited:
First off, why not make it $0.05 per square foot of roof area. I never liked stepped functions because some poeple are always hit harder at the transition.

Second, should there be a reduction for the amount of grass, lawn, flower bed, etc. area that exist. These areas act to store the water through seepage, and not flood the drainage systems.

It's a flawed method to begin with. Flat roofs are less likely to send water elsewhere and yet will be taxed the same. In addition, what about rain barrels? Concrete yards? The number of trees? All of these things will affect runoff.

*Sigh* does no one learn from the gaming of property taxes in the UK? When there was a tax on ground floor area, they made houses taller. The government also taxed based on the number of windows in a dwelling, and so people started building fewer (and faux) windows in their houses and bricking up old ones. I can't see a "roof tax" doing much more than incentivizing vertical building.

That's part of the point here though isn't it? Discourage sprawl. If you build up instead of out then there will be more uncovered ground to soak up the storm water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back