1.1K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 700     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.4K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed today that the damned signage ("Councillor Rob Ford") is still in his office windows above the main doors of City Hall. I thought Council instructed staff to remove all these signs - only Ford's remain. Grrrrrr

Last edited:
Screen shot 2016-01-29 at 5.50.52 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-01-29 at 5.50.52 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-01-29 at 5.50.52 PM.png
    23 KB · Views: 408
Well, it is 5:40 and nothing on Twitter.
This is really low key.

Government relations 101 - you don't slam anyone on a weekend, nobody is paying attention. Great time to announce/deny drug use though.

• Friday, May 24 After City Council's executive committee publicly asks Ford to respond to the allegations, Ford ends several days of silence and reads a prepared statement to the press at City Hall: "I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine." "As for a video, I cannot comment on a video that I have never seen or does not exist. It is most unfortunate, very unfortunate, that my colleagues and the great people of this city have been exposed to the fact that I have been judged by the media without evidence."[31] According to his former press secretary Adrienne Batra, the statement was written by Ford's family, rejecting a prepared statement written by his staff.[32] That same day, Hanad Mohamed, who is alleged to have appeared in the video, is arrested in Fort McMurray, Alberta by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for the murder of Anthony Smith. He is returned to Toronto for an appearance in court on May 31.[33]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Rob_Ford_video_scandal

AoD

Chris Selley
@cselley

The Ford/Trump phenomena have many interesting parallels. But listening to Trump talk is scary in a way listening to Ford has never been.

I tend to agree. Ford doesn't scare me, not at all. He spews catch phrases and is generally an oaf. Trump is a dangerous person.

Oh dear, that'll really hurt:

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 14 mins14 minutes ago
Integrity commissioner: Ford broke code of conduct by advertising campaign fundraiser, should be docked 3 days pay http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2016.CC12.5…
Maybe he should have gone on Sick Leave, or is this a warning to Doug if he does decide to run in 2018.

Did they ever get Rob for the Bobble Head sales at City Hall and who was he fundraising for all those times? Has anyone ever seen the receipts for all his "charitable donations"?

We cannot comment on charity we have not seen or which does not exist!

Watching Trump's rallies, if Trump wins I can almost imagine Waco at the White House.

Though less self-generated than generated by his more militant supporters--especially (and ironically) once they realize how Trump's blather has just been so much carny bluster. That is, Trump's less likely to blow himself up than Trump Nation is likely to blow *him* up--and presto, coup d'etat, AmeriKKKa's hostage to its own nativist Taliban/ISIS movement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back