2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Brickworks doesn't seem like an overly Ford friendly area for debate, so I'm going to bet that's the next he decides to pull out of. I'm willing to say it's a safe bet he's voted against funding it, anyhow.

If it weren't my daughter's birthday, I'd be at the Brickworks too.

There is no way he makes the 7am one either, unless that is a typo.

This latest Globe story....I know it is a near impossibility, but forget for a second the entire circus of chaos around RoDoFo, and that Apollo is a major client of Deco's.

How could anyone think there is nothing wrong with the city (read the state) expropriating private property from one private citizen for the sole purpose of the commercial benefit for a second private citizen, at their request? It is mind boggling. Nearly as hard to understand as why this kind of behaviour alone(remember, we are ignoring the circus for now) isn't enought to convince every single voter in Toronto that these two are irredeemably unfit for public office.

"corruption means morally depraved. And these councillors are morally depraved" - rob ford (on what could be him and his brother)

http://www.brettruffell.com/my-interview-with-then-mayoral-hopeful-rob-ford/

"corruption means morally depraved. And these councillors are morally depraved" - rob ford (on what could be him and his brother)

http://www.brettruffell.com/my-interview-with-then-mayoral-hopeful-rob-ford/

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he trotted out a similar justification now. It's like the 'right questions' gambit: I don't fit the accusation you level at me, because I choose to define your terms differently than you do. Rob may claim that since he didn't personally benefit (as far as we know, or can prove) from Apollo being helped by the city, even if it was ultimately good for Deco, but it's clear he doesn't understand what corruption is in ethical terms. Or chooses not to.

The degree to which he alternately identifies with Deco (because it's successful, and he supposedly made it what it is and is therefore qualified to run the city in the same way) AND disassociates himself from Deco (because when questionable things happen involving Deco, he's not involved in the business at all) is astounding. It's not about the truth, indeed: it's about whatever excuse is more convenient at any time.

Its interesting that the Globe is not allowing comments on their Deco story. They only do that when the matter has legal ramifications.

Or when they're afraid that it might.

Or if they're just anticipating a lot of hostile comments (Wente).

so... in trying to learn more about mensah, i've come across the following, that can be added to our food for thought...

What scares me most about this situation is the fact that I have to mention people like Kojo Mensah at all. As far as I know, there’s nothing tying him to Ford or crack other than football. Unfortunately, even if he had nothing to do with this, there’s no guarantee that Ford or the video didn’t play a role in his death. This footage has become the most sought-after commodity in gangland Toronto, and that puts a price on the head (and cell phone) of every young black male he knows.

[...]

Was Anthony Smith killed following an altercation inside the club (that’s not what the club says).

http://undustrialism.com/2013/05/28/the-end-of-ford/

Has Andray ever commented on Griffen Centre? I'm sure Mikey never has.

Is Griffen Centre still a political hot potato with Ward 2 constituents, or will it even be mentioned at the debate?

Andray is outspoken in his support for the Griffin Centre. It's not a super-pressing issue in the Ward 2 race, but if it comes up, that's his position.

The Sun's assessment is incorrect here. Why would it be up to Soknacki to determine if it's OK to release the names or not? That's the City's job. Once the City released the records to Soknacki, the appeal periods for the affected parties would be over and Soknacki could do whatever he wants with them. He's probably just shoring up his own communications strategy regarding the whole thing, rather than just throwing everything out there at once.

The Sun's assessment is incorrect here. Why would it be up to Soknacki to determine if it's OK to release the names or not? That's the City's job. Once the City released the records to Soknacki, the appeal periods for the affected parties would be over and Soknacki could do whatever he wants with them. He's probably just shoring up his own communications strategy regarding the whole thing, rather than just throwing everything out there at once.

In Dale's article about Soknacki today, he suggested Soknacki didn't actually know exactly what was in the FOI material when he made that comment in the debate.

I believe Soknacki indicated that he wanted to contact some of the people whose names were in the document before releasing it. He is not required to do this but it's a smart move. He may choose, out of courtesy, to black out the name of some people identified but who were not involved with any violation of election protocol.

Hey look - Rob is riding the rails today!

subway1.JPG

I bet it's the first time he's been on the TTC (excluding the failed campaign launch a few months ago) since that special, drunken ride he took when he lost the subway vote in 2012. Good associations to be dredging up, camping team!

ford_on_subway_for_turnpage.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

EDIT: Now his presser is on and he's talking about "one-bum" rides on Sheppard and how, yeah, the province and staff and the TTC all think the DRL is a priority but the people who live where his imaginary lines go they have different priorites. *facepalm*

Attachments

• ford_on_subway_for_turnpage.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg
    ford_on_subway_for_turnpage.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,060
  • subway1.JPG
    subway1.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,126
Last edited:
Hey look - Rob is riding the rails today!

View attachment 32660

I bet it's the first time he's been on the TTC (excluding the failed campaign launch a few months ago) since that special, drunken ride he took when he lost the subway vote in 2012. Good associations to be dredging up, camping team!

View attachment 32659

EDIT: Now his presser is on and he's talking about "one-bum" rides on Sheppard and how, yeah, the province and staff and the TTC all think the DRL is a priority but the people who live where his imaginary lines go they have different priorites. *facepalm*

he's giving a presser at a TTC station - isn't this another violation of election policy?

he's giving a presser at a TTC station - isn't this another violation of election policy?

That's what he did (back in May?) before and they said he didn't have a permit. Media were with him today on the subway but that wasn't the presser. He's outside on Sheppard and, as I watch on CP24, a shirtless older guy is in frame taking a picture. This guy is hilarious though it's not clear if he's part of the Shirtless Horde or just a citizen enjoying the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back