2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 495     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on now, let's keep to facts here - Mary Walsh (in charactor as Marg Delahunty for her Princess Warrior piece) was indeed on Ford's property. Of course he could have played along and not been such a goof about it all, but she and the crew were trespassing on that occasion.

Not trespassing to enter on private property without criminal intent unless there is a specific disinvitation. "No solicitation" is the most common. "No media" or "No warrior princesses" would have kept Marg at bay.

I couldn't agree more, well said.
The backyard story was newsworthy, but the writer was just asking for it by sneaking around snapping photos of Ford's property as darkness approached.

from both accounts i've read, the reporter was seen by the neighbour around 7:30PM and it doesn't get anywhere near dark at that time unless a storm is brewing and it's cloudy. sunset is typically 8:15PM ish this time of year.

consider RF cried wolf when he called 911 by exaggerating the details when This Hour Has 22 Minutes Marg the Warrior Princess came to visit, i have doubts with RFs version this time too.
CBCs video footage proved who was exaggerating the truth/lying then, too bad the toronto star report didn't bring a video cam instead of a standard camera

International embarrassment indeed. This is making Mel Lastman's joke look like a playground insult.

Wonder if that "big story" was that same story hinted at a few pages back in this thread?

Hold on now, let's keep to facts here - Mary Walsh (in charactor as Marg Delahunty for her Princess Warrior piece) was indeed on Ford's property. Of course he could have played along and not been such a goof about it all, but she and the crew were trespassing on that occasion.

My mistake; I was referring to Ford lying about his daughter's safety and the time of day it occurred.

Coyne has certainly been slamming Harper hard over the F-35. In comparison, Ibbotson is pretty much writing Harper's press releases for him.

And Matt Gurney is no more representative of the Post's politics than is that anarchist graffiti artist who does the Toronto feature writing for them ... Kittenbrewer or something. By and large it is pretty balanced.

I think the Post is a good paper and BTW we're lucky to have so many of them in this town.

Coyne wrote a column on the budget omnibus bill last week that was bang on. I've been surprised that the Post is on its way to becoming my favourite Toronto paper. The Globe and Mail has become Harper's mouthpiece.

With respect to Ford and Toronto, there was an article on the BBC website regarding his negative attitude towards cyclists and bike paths, and the city's otherwise abysmal record at establishing bike paths. It also mentioned the high rate of cycling accidents.

That's just the type of profile one should be trying to avoid.

Coyne wrote a column on the budget omnibus bill last week that was bang on. I've been surprised that the Post is on its way to becoming my favourite Toronto paper. The Globe and Mail has become Harper's mouthpiece.

Yes, it was bang on. Hopefully the opposition parties will begin to wake up and react more strongly to these bills, and to the near-dictatorial power emanating from the PMO.

I've dropped my subscription to the Globe down to two days a week, and upped the National Post to every day. First, it's still a newspaper, second there is a greater diversity of views contained within it, and the writing tends to be more interesting. The Globe's "magazine" format has been a huge letdown.

Beyond the bizarreness of Ford having recharged the phone to examine it ... here's the quote from the article that starts to get interesting:
If Ford used force or intimidation to make Dale surrender his BlackBerry, then the phone would be considered property obtained by crime

https://twitter.com/#!/goldsbie/status/198159543287562240
@goldsbie - Here's the thing. There's a big story coming up soon. That's prob. what they mistakenly (but not unreasonably) thought Dale was working on.
Thanks, missed that. I've heard some rather odd rumours lately, that almost seem to too good to be true. But I can't imagine what would be pending that Ford might think that the media were spying on his backyard.

Twitter is also reporting that at 5:40ish this evening, three police cars arrived at Ford's house. What now? More people peeking over the fence?

Re above post: this http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1172777--mayor-rob-ford-faces-yet-another-probe-into-his-conduct perhaps?

Tonight outside Fords home:

AsAGX4wCMAIeBYu.jpg

Global News

I wonder if the police are investigating how the cinder blocks got moved from the night before:confused:

Yesterday Ford showed off to the media a stack of cinder block's that he alleged Daniel Dale used as a perch to spy into his back yard - essentially Ford was accusing Dale of being a peeping Tom ( a crime even if on public property) and Ford was showing off the cinder block's as "evidence" of how Dale "committed" this "crime".

Here is what Ford presented to Journalists today:

AsATDJQCEAEiwL8.jpg

Global News

Here is the problem. A photo was taken the night of the incident and the cinder blocks were not arranged in a stacked fashion as shown. Here is how they looked the night before:

dsc_2931.jpg

National Post

This is not a trivial issue. It is a criminal offense (Public Mischief) to falsely accuse someone of committing a crime so I suspect that at some point - police will want to know WHO moved the cinder blocks and WHY. Ford himself has not claimed to have witnessed Dale standing on the blocks. It was his nosy next door neighbors who made this claim. Did they make this claim to police? I suspect that police will want to go over their version of events because something doesn't add up.

More of Rob Ford's "transparency" at city hall from his refusal to talk to the press.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cruised to victory a year-and-a-half ago pledging to end what he dubbed "the war on the car." He argued that bike lanes were taking away space for automobiles.

"And what I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later you're going to get bitten," said Ford speaking in 2010 as a member of the city council.

Now he is in power and Toronto hasn't just stopped putting in bike lanes; it has started removing some of them.

The city council did, however, also agree to upgrade existing bike lanes to physically separated traffic lanes, which are safer for cyclists.

Yet the shift in policy - and the tone of the debate - has angered the cycling community.

Fifteen years ago Bicycling Magazine named Toronto North America's best city for cycling. Now, Toronto is the bike collision capital of Canada, with more accidents per capita than any other major Canadian city.

Mr Ford refused repeated requests for an interview - but cyclists at a busy Toronto intersection were happy to share their thoughts with the BBC.

Video produced by Peter Murtaugh