2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hand is underwater. Things are distorted under water. Just what are people hoping to prove with this line of inquiry? The amount of attention paid to really trivial aspects of the life of a person we all find disgusting is perplexing.

I guess it is speculation that the Sun/Worms is enabling Ford, reducing his size in the photo, to make him appear healthier and 'fitter' than he really is.

The hand is underwater. Things are distorted under water. Just what are people hoping to prove with this line of inquiry? The amount of attention paid to really trivial aspects of the life of a person we all find disgusting is perplexing.

Agree underwater does lead to distortion.

Just questioning the usual "is it true or is it false" when it comes to the Fords. That part really isn't trivial in the long run. The lies just never seem to end.

Someone mentioned that his body didn't look quite right, and so I, out of curiosity, zoomed in. And the photo looked strange to me. I questioned it. That is all.

ETA: I do want to reiterate, as I've said this before, it's not his size that matters, it's the claims that his size has changed, just like his addictions and his behaviour. He's losing weight, he's a new man, etc. etc.

Last edited:
The black line is a standard sharpening algorithm which is used to enhance edge contrast both in digital cameras and preproduction for print.

No, no. You've missed it. Rob Ford went into rehab as drug-and-booze addled wreck. He will be a new man when he returns. And that man shall be known as "Popeye."

Whoops! Thanks for that, whatthe. My bad!

If the photo was shopped, what would be the reason? Does the Sun really think we believe he has such a slender waist measurement?

Well if you were showing your bod to the whole world... and even the most famous models are shopped.

I don't think we all really needed to see Ford half naked however. Shopped or not.

Gabor Maté commentary on Ford. I admire Gabor very much. He's stepping lightly in the article for the most part.

It is an all-too-common failing of the medical approach to addiction treatment, and of the rehab industry in general, that the pain at the core of addiction is ignored. The disturbing events that fostered the addiction remain unexplored and the emotional dynamics that keep fuelling it are unresolved. The focus, instead, is on extirpating the behaviours of addiction, which is like trying to control a house fire by siphoning away the smoke; or on the diseased brain biology of addiction, as if neurobiology were not shaped by life experience.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hey all! My friend has been shooting and working on a great documentary about Rob Ford and has landed amazing interviews with Robyn Doolittle, Michael Donovan, John Cook, and many many more. He's had Rob Ford promise that he'd do a sit-down interview with him, but Rob being Rob, he's hard to get a hold of.

So my friend decided to do a funding campaign - if he can collect $10,000 in donations, 100% of the money will be donated to the Toronto Humane Society, should he be able to hook Rob Ford into doing the interview, since it would be for supporting a good cause (and as we all know, Rob likes to toot his horn so often about how he likes to give back). If he doesn't reach $10,000 or Rob doesn't agree to do the interview, all the money is refunded.

And also, Rob Ford knows who this filmmaker is and has promised many times he'd do it - Doug as well, so a little extra nudge like this may just do it.

So he's setup a page here - I highly recommend checking it out - http://www.gofundme.com/9opsyw

I can't tell you some of the stories that he's told me, but I can tell you that he's encountered some really interesting scenarios with the players in the Ford saga, not just from the press, not just from city hall, but also from other "organized" areas, if you catch my drift.

And he's not just some guy who thought he could make a doc / exploit Rob's fame...he's an accomplished, award winning and well renown filmmaker and won't make any money off of this funding campaign as it's all going to charity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back