224     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 202     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     5 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it weird that the most disgusting part of that sentence for me was "cold McDs"?

Is it weird that amidst the horror of the situation, the thought of cold McD's flying around while Ford is punching one of his loser friends (the mother abuser!!!) made me chuckle?

Indeed. The article was posted at 6AM on the 7th.

So at the time of the conversation Rob had spent less than a day at the treatment centre.

If the timeline is correct then he would have either just arrived or would have been in the hospital (which would explain why he had access to his cellphone). Either way, he was lying. There's no way he would be feeling "amazing" BUT people don't always tell the truth when they feel like death warmed over, especially when they're campaigning and trying to present an image, I can't necessarily fault him for lying about it. Everything else however.............

From Donovan's story ...

Note that Donovan is suggesting that there's even worse stuff on tape, which he is holding back for some reason. Awkward writing, because that stuff is not yet in fact published.

Later on in the story, Rob stuns some deeply scuzzy woman-abusing criminals into silence with what he has to say to Renata.

My opinion was that Rob's mayoral run was finished a long time ago. But it's really, really finished now. I think all the other mayoral candidates should refuse to be in the same room as him, if he comes back from rehab and tries to participate in a debate. What upside is left in tolerating his presence?

He actually held back the worst comments because with Ford in rehab don't want to be perceived as piling on.

I think the mystery source is Renata's friend, the one who recorded her in the car. It can't be hard to figure out who it is. It's someone who has a grudge against Ford, that's clear.

Jimmi T, you must have an idea.

Is it weird that the most disgusting part of that sentence for me was "cold McDs"?

Well, it's all pretty repugnant, loathsome material that should make any decent human being's skin crawl. A typical day with the Ford family, in other words.

Renata wasn't the leaker because it was in recorded in the car before they showed up. But it must have been someone close. They surely know who this is. And this person gave it to the Star for free, plus a full verbal account of the night? What is that persons motivation?

Revenge? The recent revelations about how Fat Boy really treats his "good buddy" Lisi were rather eye-opening, and I can't imagine his behavior is any more kindly towards his other retainers. If he's like this all the time, I can't imagine any of these guys not wanting to get some payback.

Ford's media quote a while back about how he doesn't throw his "friends" under the bus struck many of us as a thinly veiled threat. Whoever the squealer is, he/she had better watch his/her back.

This. The have nothing left. RoFo is hypertoxic, and they got nothing to counteract that. Even going to rehab is backfiring. THE END IS NIGH!
Someone on twitter agrees with you.
Talisman Belgraves ‏@Belgraves 6m
#FordNation is now the name of a pathology. Not a political movement, a destructive pathology. #TOpoli

Retweeted by Mayor Crime Lord

Limericking ‏@Limericking · 6m
Proposed an indelicate Ford
To chums at his home in his ward,
"I say, why not take
My wife for a shake?
It’s okay—I myself have been whored"

- amazing!!

He actually held back the worst comments because with Ford in rehab don't want to be perceived as piling on.

Ok so this was the "tomorrow's article" ? Or is there more? And also how much worse could his comments get (ya I know but still ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back