News   Jun 14, 2024
 769     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug's reason for going to the CBC:

In the words of Doug Ford:

Why strike a deal with the CBC?

Well first of all I respect the CBC. I believe they are one of the most credible organizations in Canada in the media, in my opinion. And that it will stop the speculation, for example, a 15-year-old young lady spotted Rob Ford at the Tim Horton's. Another person spotted him in Hamilton. Spotted him in Calgary. Spotted him everywhere. Just to stop the speculation to let the people of Toronto know that Rob is taking this seriously, is getting treatment and that he wants to continue coming back and serving the people.

Guess Doug doesn't read the Star. Since he claims he's been having trouble sleeping, perhaps he shouldn't read Kevin's latest. Rehab is the least of Rob's worries now, you can only blame so much on the booze, the rest is all Rob. Bet he's wishing he'd gone to rehab last year. Absolute trash, the whole family, sure shows that money doesn't make you classy.

Joe Warmington didn't get his scoop. I wonder if Doug was pissed off about the latest rant report from the Sun and went with the CBC instead.
maybe even DoFo (as dense as he is) realizes the bad optics of constantly running to Joey Worms. Or maybe Worms is Rob's guy & doesn't have a loving relationship with Doug.

The CBC story leaves wiggle room to support the sighting at Tim Hortons on Tuesday.

He left the 'rehab' facility for medical care, on Saturday, and returned 4 days later.

yup.

maybe even DoFo (as dense as he is) realizes the bad optics of constantly running to Joey Worms. Or maybe Worms is Rob's guy & doesn't have a loving relationship with Doug.

yup.

"Supervised to and from the hospital". So he had 4 days to slip in and out of the hospital, or maybe the Fords had a babysitter at his bedside. Yeah, right.

So, according to the CBC's timeline:

Meanwhile, on May 7th, Warmington publishes this:

So... as usual... Ford and Warmington were blatantly lying. These people are un-f*cking-believable. I had actually assumed they were telling the truth this time. They are all pathological liars.

Joe's convo with Ford was on Tuesday, the 6th, wasn't it?

Renata wasn't the leaker because it was in recorded in the car before they showed up. But it must have been someone close. They surely know who this is. And this person gave it to the Star for free, plus a full verbal account of the night? What is that persons motivation?

"The information for this story comes from interviews and from the Star’s review of audio tape that captures a portion of the evening."

Did the cops give Donovan the opportunity to listen to what was on Lisi's phone?

Also, I wonder if Donovan fears for his safety.

Fords goons threatened his wife and kids. But he's probably used to stuff like that after 30 years.

I want to hear this audio! Not that I doubt Donovan, it'd just be fun, you know?

Fun in the same way one slows down to check out a car accident?
There is enough detail in the article to smell the mix of Vodka, stale pot and cigs, burnt rubber and cold McD's, with a hint of must & mildew that all 60's bungalow basements have...
I'll pass.

Renata wasn't the leaker because it was in recorded in the car before they showed up. But it must have been someone close. They surely know who this is. And this person gave it to the Star for free, plus a full verbal account of the night? What is that persons motivation?

Couldn't she have placed a concealed recording device in Ford's car before they went out? Maybe she was in conversation with Donovan beforehand and he asked her to? She would have had access.

The front walkway to the Ford house leads to a modest front door. At about 10 p.m. that night, Ford and his pals arrive. Ford has a bag of McDonald’s food in his hand. Ford jiggles the front door and then kicks the door open. He, Lisi, Bellissimo and another man step in.

Fun in the same way one slows down to check out a car accident?
There is enough detail in the article to smell the mix of Vodka, stale pot and cigs, burnt rubber and cold McD's, with a hint of must & mildew that all 60's bungalow basements have...
I'll pass.

Is it weird that the most disgusting part of that sentence for me was "cold McDs"?

From Donovan's story ...

“Nobody sticks up for people like I do, every f---ing k--e, n----r, f---ing w-p, d-go, whatever the race. Nobody does. I’m the most racist guy around. I’m the mayor of Toronto.â€

On a roll, Ford continues to spew invective that may be the worst published yet. At one point he makes a rude comment about his mother.

Note that Donovan is suggesting that there's even worse stuff on tape, which he is holding back for some reason. Awkward writing, because that stuff is not yet in fact published.

Later on in the story, Rob stuns some deeply scuzzy woman-abusing criminals into silence with what he has to say to Renata.

My opinion was that Rob's mayoral run was finished a long time ago. But it's really, really finished now. I think all the other mayoral candidates should refuse to be in the same room as him, if he comes back from rehab and tries to participate in a debate. What upside is left in tolerating his presence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back