2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 549     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Judge rejects Mayor Rob Ford’s attempt to shape his campaign audit appeal....
If an audit finds wrongdoing, the committee can ask the city to prosecute. Possible penalties for breaching the provincial Municipal Elections Act range from a fine to removal from office.".
Does Ford not realize that by going to court to try to appeal he is admitting his guilt? Is it not pretty obvious? My question is how did the committee come to the conclusion about the wrongdoing in the first place? Would that not be hard to figure or did they just take a chance that Ford committed wrongdoing?

I Hate the War on Me

To be honest, if that's what concerns you, discussion forums like Urban Toronto are no better.

Besides, given how FB is structured, there's a simple solution: don't bother with a group like I Hate The War On Rob Ford. Don't engage them at all; or, let hardier (or foolhardier) opposing souls do so instead.

Though an interesting observation from a rare I Hate The War On Rob Ford visit on my part: the threads there seem to be an endlessly circular flashback to the days of Usenet or the early 00s warblog/discussion-forum era, almost as though all the participants are all still working in their pyjamas on home computers with tube monitors...
I'm in my jammies and I just read this nasty post on my vintage IBM PC's tube monitor. Waah! :eek:

Well, some of us may be. But that's different from a universe where *everyone* might as well be like that...

Does Ford not realize that by going to court to try to appeal he is admitting his guilt? Is it not pretty obvious? My question is how did the committee come to the conclusion about the wrongdoing in the first place? Would that not be hard to figure or did they just take a chance that Ford committed wrongdoing?

So? Think of him as a freedom fighter. And if he's practically "admitting his guilt", so were them homosexual activists back in the 60s or whenever. If they could win in the end, so could Ford;-)

Though an interesting observation from a rare I Hate The War On Rob Ford visit on my part: the threads there seem to be an endlessly circular flashback to the days of Usenet or the early 00s warblog/discussion-forum era, almost as though all the participants are all still working in their pyjamas on home computers with tube monitors...

My main computer has an old CRT monitor, I see no need to spend money to replace a perfectly good monitor. I will admit that I am wearing regular clothing, not pyjamas.

I didn't hear this thing from the start, but so far on the Ford Brothers' radio show: "We have Andy Byford on the line, and he still has a question that he needs to answer correctly".

I know that the deed has been done, and as the head of the corporation Byford needs to show that he is in charge, but in portraying himself as a man of action he is allowing to Fords to frame the firing of Webster not as a reaction to the LRT debate but as a necessary move to improve cleanliness and customer service on the TTC.

I would reply to that, but just had my IBM punch cards jam up in the reader.

Believe it or not, but I once had a job that involved a punch card reader -- an old piece of equipment that we used, booted up with information that was stored on punch cards. Card jams were a real PITA to clear.

Here's a thing:
ybzrp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back