2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 590     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss has a saying, and that's "Anyone can be replaced". As much as I hate to admit it, unfortunately he's absolutely right on that one.

Going beyond the sage observations of your boss, this type of political firing and replacement suggests that Ford aims at a public service that answers to him alone, and not to the purpose of their positions - which is to serve the public. Ford wants a yes-man for his ends - no matter how nebulous or ill-defined they are. As someone mentioned earlier, the biggest problem with Ford's subway plan is that there is no plan.

Frankly, I hope the province takes back the cash. I'd much prefer that than to see billions wasted on half-assed political projects of a mayor who lies, and is too stupid to understand when he is lying.

Matlow's out, Ford and Ford are in on 1010's "The City":

The brothers Ford are going to have two hours to tell Toronto “like it is” without the “media twisting” their message.

“I think it's going to be very informative. It's going to be controversial at times. But you're going to get the straight goods... from Rob and I. You aren't going to have the media twisting it around like they've been twisting it around for the last year and a half,” said Etobicoke Councillor Doug Ford.

Thursday morning Doug and Mayor Rob Ford appeared on the Jerry Agar show to announce they'll be taking over Newstalk 1010's The City program. The Sunday afternoon show was previously hosted by centrist councillor Josh Matlow, who frequently had a mix of political and media personalities as guests to discuss the issues of the day.

Both the mayor and councillor Ford suggested they won't be giving much air time to opposition members.

http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhallpolitics/article/1135579--mayor-rob-ford-and-brother-doug-to-host-radio-show?bn=1

Matlow was a great host. He was very impartial and fair to those who's opinion he doesn't agree with. I hope another radio station picks him up.

A bit upsetting, actually. Since when does the Mayor need a radio show?

The last thing this city needs is these two (yes, the two of them again) having another pulpit. By their own admission, unlikely to entertain much opposition. Is this a one-time gig or an ongoing propaganda session?

Hopefully, the calls in will be sharp enough to cut the crap.

Hopefully no one undecided will bother tuning in instead. The whole point of the exercise is exposure, and nothing cuts through that like being ignored.

AoD

Last edited:
Well lets hope that's the case, although I'm sure we can all agree here that there will be an extremely loyal following. Remember people still pick up the SUN for their news. (Sorry to any SUN readers out there).

Last edited:
Has Rob Ford himself publicly spoke out against Gary Webster? I feel like we've only heard from the TTC 5.

Not that it really matters, since everyone knows where the direction on the issue is coming from, but his silence (if that is the case) on the issue is interesting.

Only if the producer lets them through

Something to keep in mind--after all, in such media, the feedback can tend to be extremely "vetted". That's why shows like Rush Limbaugh are such airtight dittoheadfests with few "ringers" (and often suspiciously "staged" ones)...

Matlow's out, Ford and Ford are in on 1010's "The City":

Both the mayor and councillor Ford suggested they won't be giving much air time to opposition members/QUOTE] Figures. They would not be able to debate them head on and have everyone hear it,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back