25     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 815     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 233     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Di Giorgio to narrate the rest of Rob Ford's term, to be honest.

"I don't know where the hell he went" - awesome. I want more of that.

Absolutely. I don't cringe easily, but that one made me cringe.

As tempting as it sometimes is, I've always tried to resist commenting on other men's wives because nothing good can ever come of it.

But it does remind me of the old toast among male friends, "Here's to our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet." :)

I want Di Giorgio to narrate the rest of Rob Ford's term, to be honest.

"I don't know where the hell he went" - awesome. I want more of that.

Ya, that one made me laugh, and this guy has a position of great responsibility. But it's not entirely his fault, practice allows Robbie to reach high velocities.;);)

Last edited:
I wonder if Di Giorgio made it back to city hall last night before Goldsbie and Dale got there. I don't think they saw anyone else, other than a security guard.

I've parked my own car there many times over the years. The garage is completely separate ( as most garages are ). So, assuming the councillor ( unlike the mayor ) simply went straight to his car from ACC and on to his next event, it's unlikely they would have seen him.

casita in real life:

Bringing Out the Dead.jpg

Attachments

• Bringing Out the Dead.jpg
    Bringing Out the Dead.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 938
Missing in Action

For the other candidates, now is definitely the time to introduce the "Being Mayor of the 4th largest city in North America is a 24/7 job and I'm ready for that" talking point.

For what it's worth, the City Hall garage is arguably the cheapest place to park in the centre of downtown.

City employees didn't used to have to pay. That included Metro Hall and the civic centres. Right when I was retiring five years ago there was a big fuss about Revenue Canada deciding it was a Taxable Benefit.

"Councillors cry foul — with rival Joe Pantalone calling Rob Ford a “snitch†— as CRA deems even occasional parking a taxable benefit, payable retroactively."

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/05/12/city_staff_backtaxed_for_parking.html

For the other candidates, now is definitely the time to introduce the "Being Mayor of the 4th largest city in North America is a 24/7 job and I'm ready for that" talking point.

I wish I could get a job that allows me to drink, do substances, club, and act child like during work hours, and keep getting paid.

Snitch was a unfortunately stupid thing to say, but at least Joe was right about this. I already had my benignly hazy picture of him spoiled up thread when it turned out he was a lobbyist for Muzik

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back