2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This @HeerJeet on Twitter is fascinating. His most recent point is one I (and many of you) have been rolling around in my head:
" 16. Doug went away for the day and Rob virtually dares us to catch him smoking crack. Think about that."

Rob can't just "do what he wants" or "do as he pleases". He has to do so in a way that is hugely embarrassing and destructive to himself, AND in a place/time wherein he can elude his bossy know-it-all big brother.

What a horrible mess.

Dubster asked a few pages back if his behaviour last night is because he thinks he's in the clear. I've been wondering this myself, and can't quite decide if that is the reason, or if he's imploding because something worse might be coming, or if it's, as you say, just pure self-destruction for no good reason other than he can. The funny part is, if at any point during this time, but especially from the time of his "I quit drinking" announcement back in November, if he'd stayed on the straight and narrow, with no more public intoxication incidents, and had shown some interest in his job, he probably would have been fine, career-wise. He just can't stop.

I also noticed that when the whole OPP story broke on Wednesday, that other than a couple of "I'm exonerated"s, he didn't seem nearly as smug or upbeat as I would have expected him to be. Another reason I have a feeling that something more is coming.

So, it's hard to say if last night was a celebratory binge, or if it was an oh-shit-this-only-delayed-the-inevitable binge.

I disagree, unfortunately Robbie brought her into the game and she decided to play, that makes her faire game. Although the joke is crude, it is still in line with Robbie's comments IMHO.

We don't need to sink to his level.

Neither Goldsbie nor Dale have written a word about last night. Wonder why considering how it all played out in social media.

I wondered last night if either of them, or security, would call police. Or if this would be enough to get a warrant to search his office. Would he be stupid enough to take a cab to the club, while carrying drug paraphernalia? Would he leave it in his office?? Would police be able to find traces of crack in his office?

Then I realized I was losing sleep over Rob Ford, and went to bed. :)

Freud once said...

So, it's hard to say if last night was a celebratory binge, or if it was an oh-shit-this-only-delayed-the-inevitable binge.

After giving a lecture about the anal period and then lighting up a big fat cigar, Freud responded to an inquiry from a student about the significance of his putting it in his mouth: "Sometimes my young man, a cigar is just a cigar." Last night is just Rob being Rob, that is an out-of-control addict with no impulse control and a terrible emptiness.

Hey! I'm a member now, Not New to UT anymore!

ddale8 3:59pm via Web
Di Giorgio's latest re Ford: "I think if his older brother had been there it would have been easier to control him.”

New bit of info from G&M that The Star didn't report:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-mayor-rob-fords-temperature/article17845962/
After leaving the game, Mr. Di Giorgio said he and the mayor became separated after Mr. Ford was swarmed by at least 100 people. Instead of going to an Italian-Canadian event with Mr. Di Giorgio as planned, Mr. Ford hopped into the front seat of a taxi while one or two people from the crowd got into the back.

Afterward, Mr. Di Giorgio phoned Mr. Ford to find out what had happened.

“He wouldn’t say where he was. He just kept saying he was okay,†he said, later adding: “There was not much else I could do, though I felt some responsibility in that I had wanted to take him somewhere else because he had been invited to make an appearance at another function.â€

Ford skipped a planned event to go clubbing.

Dale's story appeared on Page 2 of The Star today (along with fellow writer Kevin McGran)

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._warned_by_security_at_air_canada_centre.html

That was just part 1! I was surprised at how quickly that was written but it seems many people were willing to talk. I am more curious to know if they have any more info about the debacle at City Hall.

As far as whether this was a meltdown or celebration, I think he was just taking advantage of Doug not being there to be a wet blanket.

Di Giorgio's latest re Ford: "I think if his older brother had been there it would have been easier to control him.”

Di Giorgio is just one more in a long line of enablers. His statement would be okay if discussing a couple of teenage boys, not the mayor of the city who is 44 year old married father with 2 kids at home.

Not for most of us.

Are you 100% sure of that?

Anyway, the point was if the pic was out of line or too crude for this topic/board. It seems you are making it personal, and that others shouldn't be thinking on Robbie's level, however, they will, that is human nature.

Anyway, back to the topic...

It's nice to know that Robbie is being nannied by a bunch of enablers directed by his brother... or is that campaign manager, or family and their cronies.

Are you 100% sure of that?

That most of us here are not mayors of major cities who are also alcohol abusing, drunk driving, crack smoking, consorting with criminals, domestic abusing idiots who totally let our private lives affect the job we do for the citizens who pay our wages? I'd say that's a pretty safe assumption.

Anyway, the point was if the pic was out of line or too crude for this topic/board. It seems you are making it personal, and that others shouldn't be thinking on Robbie's level, however, they will, that is human nature.

1) You have no idea what the basis of my objections are; 2) People can think on his level all they like (which, btw, ewwww), but that doesn't mean that every crude thought should be posted on a private message board. I'm sure the mods probably agree.

Anyway, back to the topic...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back