1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 392     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 988     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of all else, Ford has unwittingly provided the Canadian comedy/satire shows with some great fodder. I hope for his own sake that he is prepared.

Politicians learned early on that getting "done" by THH22M endeared you to the public and had great political cache. Does anyone still remember that sketch Rick Mercer did with "Mr. Canada" himself, Pierre Berton, when on his last tv appearance (and dying of cancer), he taught Canadians how to properly role a joint?

Leave it to Ford to screw that up and actually have it back-fire on him, making him look even less appealing than he already does (if that's possible). The 911 call was beyond absurd, and shows just how screwed up that guys head must be (and an unnecessary 911 call costs the city money). You don't have to know any of the cast of THH22M to know the difference between a CBC camera crew and a possible assassin. He knew very well it was media, but has a phobia about them when he doesn't choose the time and place and has a scripted comment to make. And that's why he did it.

I hope someone like Rick Mercer smells the blood in the water and decides to really stick it to him with the intentions of making him look like the jackass he is....without him even realizing it. Canadian political satire can be fun for everyone involved....or cruel....and I know which one Ford deserves, because at the end of the day, he is his own worse enemy.

Here's the video. It definitely wasn't dark out: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150884269610321

I finally got the chance to see the video. This is so pathetic. I think we should fire the mayor on justifiable grounds: lack of humour. Humour is an essential part of the tool kit, if you are the mayor of a big, big, complex city.

Rob Ford, just go, ya know ... get lost, you really only ever deserved about 15 minutes in the first place.

I think Fraud is rapidly approaching the point where he'd make his Melness look respectable - even during his final days in office.

AoD

I'd say he has been less respectable than Lastman since the day he was yanked out of his mother's crotch.

Regardless of all else, Ford has unwittingly provided the Canadian comedy/satire shows with some great fodder. I hope for his own sake that he is prepared.

:)

I miss Royal Canadian Air Farce :(

Can you just imagine how much gravy they would use if he was a Chicken Cannon target?

I don't watch 22 Minutes and many people don't watch it either. What's your point? :rolleyes:
Neither do I, but that doesn't mean I don't know who she is ... surely the Xena costume is a giveaway (and I don't watch that either). She's been doing this to politicians for almost 20 years now.

He'd be expecting 22 Minutes sooner or later. It was daylight (another Ford lie). The video clearly shows him sitting in this vehicle (no child anywhere ... that seems to have been another Ford lie - if the child was upset, Ford alone upset her after going back into the house). A middle-aged women dressed as Xena appears with a big, clearly labelled 22 Minutes microphone, with camera guy ... and perahps sound as well in tow. He knew it was media. He likely knew it was 22 Minutes.

I'm pretty sure all self-loathing Torontonians are.
What about Torontonians who grew up in Montreal ... and have never seen a reason to switch ...

Can you just imagine how much gravy they would use if he was a Chicken Cannon target?
Whatever it be ... you'd know it would be topped off with gravy.

Perhaps
gravy-train.jpg

Everything that ain't nailed down!

Ford proposes asset sale: Enwave and 10 per cent of Toronto Hydro

Toronto is looking to sell assets, including its share of the downtown’s district heating and cooling system, real estate and a 10 per cent stake in Toronto Hydro to help solve its financial woes.

The proposed sale, to be considered by the executive committee next week, is expected to raise as much as $600-million over the term of the current council once lawyers and bankers take their share. The money will be used to fund capital projects, rather than day-to-day operating expenses, says a staff report made public Tuesday. The move will result in some loss of revenue for the city, the report says, but will save Toronto about $65-million in debt charges over a decade. Following that period, the sale will cost the city about $10-million per annum in lost revenue, the report states.

Assets that could go on the block include the city’s 43 per cent stake in Enwave Energy Corp., the decades old system that uses a network of underground pipes to heat more than 140 buildings in the downtown core and more recently began to use water from the deep below the surface of Lake Ontario to cool buildings. The remaining share of Enwave is owned by OMERS, a public-sector pension fund.. As well, the report recommends the sale of 10 per cent of Toronto Hydro to the public through an initial public offering, with special consideration being given to local residents. The sale of some of the city’s close to $16-billion in real estate holdings is also recommended. The city has already identified 32 properties worth an estimated $230-million for sale, the report states.

This is not the first time the idea of selling all or part of Toronto Hydro has been floated. Rocco Rossi, who ran against Mayor Rob Ford in last year’s election, made it part of is election platform – an idea Mr. Ford spoke against on the campaign trail.

Asked Tuesday if the proposal marked a change of heart, the mayor said he is against the city selling all of its hydro operations, but is open to a partial sale.

“What I said during the election is that I am not going to sell all of hydro. Some of my competitors said that,†Mayor Ford told reporters. “There is a report going forward saying 10 per cent only...The people of this city might want to buy shares in Hydro. [Let’s] take a different approach to it and see how that works.â€

The mayor added that he has always supported the sale of Enwave.

“This is going to come forward to the executive committee and we are going to have our debate,†he said. “It’s going to create millions and millions of dollars of revenue.â€
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-10-per-cent-of-toronto-hydro/article2213172/

What would Mel have done, I wonder. (Probably would have all ended w/Mel and Marg doing the winking thumb-and-forefinger mug in unison.)

Why not...Anyways it wont make most Ford bashers on this 291 page thread happy...ohhh he is selling Enwave, ohhh he is seling Hydro, same broken record. Please:D:D

Rather than grousing about opinions that view Fraud as the twit that he is, maybe you can scratch up an argument as to why these assets should be sold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back