2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 479     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing this 3rd (or 4th) hand, and supposedly this originates with someone in the media: Ford was receiving envelopes of cash from Lisi to help funnel city projects to certain contractors.

I'm not going to advocate for us to widely speculate here (in fact I discourage it), but I put it out there to see if anyone has any credible evidence/knowledge to back this up. It would certainly open a whole new can of trouble for Ford.

This is crack cocaine

2a7.jpg

This is marijuana

50c12a23cc41e.image.jpg

And for the sake of comparison, this is tobacco

1024px-Shag-tobacco-01_(xndr).jpg

I'm told that The Toronto Star is going to sue Rob and Doug Ford in a massive defamation suit now that the facts have come out. The Fords may lose everything they have.

I could be wrong but I don't think you can defame/libel a corporation. So I don't understand how this is possible.

Also, I highly doubt that a journalistic organization that has come out against libel suits, especially frivolous ones designed to shut down coverage, would itself sue.

Renata finally had enough? Or maybe he just forgot his keys. I couldn't imagine him being in any state but agitated last night.

AoD
I'd suspect he forgot his keys and is a little freaked out by the helicopter overhead. As much as I dislike the guy, is that really necessary?

From the Globe and Mail, at this link:

Detective Sergeant Gary Giroux, a veteran homicide investigator who was assigned to look into the video allegations in May, said on Friday that he invited Mr. Ford to speak with him in “the last few days” and intends to keep pursuing an interview.

“I’ve made the request and I’m going to continue to do so,” he told reporters.

Wonder if Gary will be the good or bad cop during the interview?

No "next question" please, from Rob.

Last edited:
Yeah, Global News puts it this way:

Speaking after the bail hearing, Toronto Police Detective Sgt. Gary Giroux told reporters that he didn’t expect any more charges to be laid but added “I thought it was done last time, so we’ll see how it evolves.”

Giroux said he has asked Ford’s Chief of Staff Earl Provost for a meeting with the mayor but thus far has not received a response.

“I’ve made the request and I’m going to continue to do so.”

Also, this is what Lisi is guilty of:

His charge sheet alleges that, between May 16 and May 18, Lisi “did induce Mohamed Siad or Liban Siyad by threats or violence or menaces to deliver said digital video recording.”

Last edited:
Does CP24 know something we don't know? Why surveil like this? The video live feed is absurd unless they know some sort of event is imminent?

I'd suspect he forgot his keys and is a little freaked out by the helicopter overhead. As much as I dislike the guy, is that really necessary?

Sympathies? I am afraid only for his neighbours (at so many different level, including the latest issue of helicopter noise) at this point. Media are businesses, and businesses got to do what they have to do. Think of all the jobs this is creating.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back