News   May 03, 2024
 215     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 946     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 262     0 

Roads: Highway 407 East (Durham Region)

New rapid transit lines usually offer free transit days. I believe the Sheppard subway was free for the first week in 2002, and the Mississauga transitway had a weekend of free tours of the transitway when it first opened. I would imagine the Spadina line will be free initially as well. There is often a genuine will to try out new infrastructure, and that is accommodated. Especially for things like rapid transit, where people want to get off at each station to explore each one, charging immediately means nobody will leave the fare paid zone.
Yeah but Del Duca is talking about months not days or even weeks.

EDIT: this "freebie" will almost definitely benefit ETR since some people are bound to stray onto the paid part, or opt to do so rather than head back down to 401

perhaps they had to plan the whole November to March construction season before they/we knew that the weather was going to be what it is.

A pure political gimmick!

29: Cents per km - provincial 407 peak
29.05 to 33.01 Cents per km - private 407 low-cost area peak

19: Cents per km - provincial nights
19.74: Cents per km - private 407 nights

So at some times I am saving $0.0005 per km. And at night $0.0074. To travel the entire length of the 407 East extension I will save $0.37 at night. Yipee!

And how much is the flat rate? The same as the private one? Do I have to pay a second flat rate when I go to the provincially owned highway?

^by flat rate do you mean the non-transponder fee if you don't have one?

The non-transponder fee, the monthly bill fee (and the transponder fee for that matter). Has the province and the 407ETR agreed to some pricing metholdology? Will Ontario pay the 407ETR for billing? etc

The non-transponder fee, the monthly bill fee (and the transponder fee for that matter). Has the province and the 407ETR agreed to some pricing metholdology? Will Ontario pay the 407ETR for billing? etc

Motorists already using a 407 ETR transponder will be able to use the same transponder for trips on Highway 407 and Highway 412. Motorists travelling on both highways will receive a single invoice, with trips on each highway itemized. - See more at: http://www.highway407east.com/project-info/faqs/#sthash.zNZsijqt.dpuf

Definitely not much of a discount compared to the private 407. For all the grumbling the Province used to make about unreasonable rates (even going to court with 407ETR if I remember correctly), that sure went silent with that new pricing structure announcement...

From the air (Porter) May 30 2016. The middle of the window was a bit foggy.
IMG_20160530_073843.jpg
IMG_20160530_074119.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160530_073843.jpg
    IMG_20160530_073843.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 952
  • IMG_20160530_074119.jpg
    IMG_20160530_074119.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 952
With less than a week to go before the revised Phase 1 opening deadline of "spring" expires, the Town of Whitby is holding an event on Saturday morning in which the public can ride, walk, rollerskate, etc Phase 1 of the extension. Specifically, a 1.5 km stretch between Baldwin South and Anderson (near Brooklin) will be "open" for the event.

Presumably this means that the opening will be happening in the extremely near future, but I have not seen a specific date announced. Anyone?

From a friend who has a contact within the Ministry - looks like a soft opening on the 25th.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I've also been hearing estimates that are universally past the end of spring, but only slightly; anywhere from June 21st to the first few days of July. 25th would make sense.

Back