1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 886     0 

Roads: GTA West Corridor—Highway 413

http://www.gta-west.com/consultation.html#pic

Public Information Centres (PICs)

The third round of Public Information Centres has been scheduled for November/December 2009. Four PICs will be held in locations across the Preliminary Study Area. The PICs will be conducted as a drop-in format from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm on each of the four nights. The purpose of the PICs is to provide members of the public with an opportunity to review and comment on the transportation alternatives under consideration in the GTA West Corridor with the Project Team. The PICs will be held as follows:

public-info-centre3.jpg

Information presented at the PICs will be available on the study website beginning on November 30th, 2009.

The GTA West Corridor EA Study Project Team held the second round of Public Information Centres (PICs) in March 2009. Five PICs were held in locations across the Preliminary Study Area. The Public Information Centre was conducted as a drop-in format from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm on each of the five evenings. It provided members of the public with an opportunity to review and discuss the problems and opportunities within the GTA West Corridor with the Project Team. The PICs were held as follows:

Do what's the idea here? Running a new highway east-west from the 400 through Brampton and on to K/W?

Do what's the idea here? Running a new highway east-west from the 400 through Brampton and on to K/W?

It's still in the EA stage, they haven't shown different options yet... do you mean to suggest that the outcomes of these studies may be pre-determined? ;)

I'm guessing that's the plan, I guess some key reasoning would be all the growth in industry in Simcoe County, growth of KW-Guelph, and the expansion of Brampton/Vaughan to the north.

Last edited:
It's still in the EA stage, they haven't shown different options yet... do you mean to suggest that the outcomes of these studies may be pre-determined? ;)

I'm guessing that's the plan, I guess some key reasoning would be all the growth in industry in Simcoe County, growth of KW-Guelph, and the expansion of Brampton/Vaughan to the north.

Dear me, I would never suggest the result of any EA was ever predetermined, least of all EAs involving public transit or highways...

And The Beach is part of the City of Toronto. When talking to someone would you say you were in Toronto or The Beach?
If I'm getting detailed, I say the nearest major interesection; Woodbine and Queen; Kingston Road and Victoria Park, etc.

Unless I'm actually sitting on the beach ...

And Georgetown is part of the Town of Halton Hills.

I'm sure they realize it. Woodbridge and Georgetown are better, more accurate descriptors of the locations of the meetings.

Georgetown is physically a freestanding town, so it makes sense. Woodbridge is clearly part of a city. I bet they would say Toronto anywhere in the 416. Ditto for Kingston, Kitchener, London, and probably even Mississauga.

Last edited:
Georgetown is physically a freestanding town, so it makes sense. Woodbridge is clearly part of a city. I bet they would say Toronto anywhere in the 416. Ditto for Kingston, Kitchener, London, and probably even Mississauga.

Woodbridge didn't flow into Maple until very recently. A couple years ago at most. And both those are still clearly separated from Thornhill. There's nothing clear about it at all.

You can bet all you want, but whenever public consultations pertaining to Toronto are held, they basically always have had multiple events in different parts of the city. Etobicoke, North York, and Scarborough are used all the time.

Seriously, though. Why is this even an issue?

I was at a talk the other day and they had a planner guy giving a talk...anway, during his talk and he referenced this subject.

Looks like the "plan/thinking" is to have a road (a 400 series one?) running from Guelph along the top of Brampton and meeting the 400. His main issue was how it was gonna meet the 400 (how much developable land would get eaten up by interchanges and ramps) but he did not sound the least bit doubtful that there would be a road.

He mentioned "Mayfield" at least once so I sorta took from that that this new road would be running along at that level of "northness" which kinda makes sense in Brampton (not sure about everywhere else) as this would allow the road to interchange with 410 as well as 400 and the 427 extension and there is also a fair bit of space up there (for now) to put the road in.

Last edited:
I remember the GTA West Corridor, then referred to as the 413, on official Town of Caledon maps 15 years ago (and I know it's even older than that), showing the highway running along the south end of the township.

Look at the highway map of the GTA. It's really just parallel highway #4.

- GTA West
- QEW/Gardiner

Classic planning and public consultation, amirite?
`

Last edited:
I remember the GTA West Corridor, then referred to as the 413, on official Town of Caledon maps 15 years ago (and I know it's even older than that), showing the highway running along the south end of the township.

Look at the highway map of the GTA. It's really just parallel highway #4.

- GTA West
- QEW/Gardiner

Classic planning and public consultation, amirite?
`

413? Argh what a terrible name for a new highway! Isn't there a provincial highway XX nearby whereby it'd be named 4XX?

Back