News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 342     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 907     1 

Roads: GTA West Corridor—Highway 413

I would think it would just be tacked on as part of Hwy 10. It would be strange to have Brampton or Caledon (keep in mind Peel will soon cease to exist) manage a road that solely connects two provincial highways.

I assume they would do that. And hopefully it would lead to people to stop calling Hurontario Hwy. 10 in Mississauga as the continuity would be gone. :D

Screenshot_2024-02-02_171631.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-02_171635.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-02_171635.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-02_171635.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 16
Hallelujah. The Feds finally came to their senses. The Federal EA on this was political from the start and it's good to see them finally withdraw. Now the real question is if Ford can get the contract on this signed by 2026. From what I've heard, MTO has continued full tilt ahead with property purchases and design work while the lawyers wrangled with the Federal EA.

Last edited:
Hallelujah. The Feds finally came to their senses. The Federal EA on this was political from the start and it's good to see them finally withdraw. Now the real question is if Ford can get the contract on this signed by 2026. From what I've heard, MTO has continued full tilt ahead with property purchases and design work while the lawyers wrangled with the Federal EA.

I hope this highway never comes to pass, I consider it an abomination. If built, I would vote for the politician who would tear it back out and send the bill to every person who ever said a positive word about it.

I think I just heard Thug say on the radio, almost literally, No we won't increase density in residential areas, we'll sprawl our way out of this. Yikes.

I think I just heard Thug say on the radio, almost literally, No we won't increase density in residential areas, we'll sprawl our way out of this. Yikes.
I admit I'm a little perplexed by that one as the PCs walked back most of their urban expansion area decisions they made in 2022. They seem to be picking the "neither one" option, honestly.

Glad to see this moving forward, it is needed. Most of the transportation infrastructure spending in this province has been rail (Ontario Line, Finch, Crosstown, Scarborough Subway, Yonge extension, Go electrification, Hamilton LRT etc etc). I think we can allow one highway project in an area where higher order transit is not viable. This is one of the fasted growing regions in NA.

Glad to see this moving forward, it is needed. Most of the transportation infrastructure spending in this province has been rail (Ontario Line, Finch, Crosstown, Scarborough Subway, Yonge extension, Go electrification, Hamilton LRT etc etc). I think we can allow one highway project in an area where higher order transit is not viable. This is one of the fasted growing regions in NA.
Why is higher order transit "not viable"?

Don't forget that they are also planning a transitway in the HWY 413 ROW. Higher order transit will certainly be viable here eventually once the area is more built out.

Don't forget that they are also planning a transitway in the HWY 413 ROW. Higher order transit will certainly be viable here eventually once the area is more built out.
I'm absolutely excited to see most of the trucks moved off the local roads onto the highway, it's been getting very congested the past few years.

Back