News   Apr 26, 2024
 179     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 432     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.3K     4 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Ah that's too bad, used to go to the Timothy's a lot. Total TPS watering hole.

AoD

I guess the stereotype of the cop and Tim Hortons isn't really a Toronto thing (though I recall seeing a guy with a bag of Timbits with a cup of coffee on the roof of the cop car right before the Pride parade last year).

I guess the stereotype of the cop and Tim Hortons isn't really a Toronto thing (though I recall seeing a guy with a bag of Timbits with a cup of coffee on the roof of the cop car right before the Pride parade last year).

It might still be true - the crowd I referred to are mainly (I think) detectives and not beat cops. You still see the court services crowd hitting the Tims at College Park.

AoD

After avoiding Dineen Coffee Co. for a year, having had the displeasure of tasting there the worst espresso I ever had in my life, I decided to drop in this morning for another espresso, and I am sorry to report that we have reached a new nadir. It wasn't just an incompetent espresso. It was actively, violently bad, all concentrated acidity and bitterness. The glowing reviews this place enjoys are mystifing. Must be the decor.

After avoiding Dineen Coffee Co. for a year, having had the displeasure of tasting there the worst espresso I ever had in my life, I decided to drop in this morning for another espresso, and I am sorry to report that we have reached a new nadir. It wasn't just an incompetent espresso. It was actively, violently bad, all concentrated acidity and bitterness. The glowing reviews this place enjoys are mystifing. Must be the decor.
Everybody has their own definition of what is good. One of the reasons I don't listen to movie reviews.

That's too bad. People don't seem to go out for desserts as much now. Caffe Demetre seems to have taken over their position.

A friend of mine is opening an authentic Mexican Taco restaurant at 247 Queen St W called Mi Taco. Opening for September, 2015. Check them out and post your feedback.

Back