News   May 06, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Application: Designated Structures Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1G3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 163488 DST 00 DS Accepted Date: Jun 3, 2014

Project: First Party Sign Building Permit Related

Description: To erect and display one illuminated wall sign with electronic static copy. **Steak & Cheese Factory**

Application: Designated Structures Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1G3

Application#: 14 163488 DST 00 DS Accepted Date: Jun 3, 2014

Project: First Party Sign Building Permit Related

Description: To erect and display one illuminated wall sign with electronic static copy. **Steak & Cheese Factory**
Weird. There's no door for retail on that building. This is the student residence building. Only one entrance, and that's the main entrance for the lobby.

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 14 162081 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: May 30, 2014
Project: Restaurant 30 Seats or Less Interior Alterations
Description: Interior alterations to existing vacant space to create takeout restaurant *Pizza Hut* - Unit 2

This is in the building across from the Market Wharf condos, in one of the units that were formally home to the short-lived Ritz Caribbean restaurant, and before that a slightly less shortly lived Golden Griddle, and before that, a red sauce Italian place that was there forever. Now I could have sworn that a few months ago there was a permit for a Tim Horton's in this space, but I guess that fell through or was deemed redundant since there's a new one going in over at Church and Front shortly.

In other St. Lawrence resto news, there's a new high-end/healthy/local fast food place called b.good going in on the northeast corner of Front and Jarvis, next to the Jason George. They had a website at http://bgood.ca that was up earlier this week, but now seems to be down. Their twitter is still going strong, though: https://twitter.com/bgoodCanada Seems they will also have a food truck.

And of course, there have been a slew of regular openings on the new Market St., including most recently a new Balzac's Coffee and Barsa Taberna. Just waiting on Pastizza now, I think.

Carman's Dining Club Returns?

At least it appears that it is.

As a result of a fire near Yonge & Alexander on Sun May 25, I decided to take a walk along Alexander, as I couldn't see what was burning when I walked by during the fire. As I'm walking by, I noticed a liquor license application notice.

Some quick research revealed a building permit, issued in Feb:

================================

26 ALEXANDER ST
TORONTO ON M4Y 1B4

Application#: 14 109530 BLD 00 BA
Issued Date: Feb 25, 2014

Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Change of Use

Proposal to legalize and maintain the use of a 2 storey restauarant, greater than 30 seats as per 13 245061 ZZC.

================================

As well, the liquor license application can be found at http://www.agco.on.ca/pdfs/en/LSLApps_List_EN.pdf, on page 3.

Pics coming soon.

Last edited:
I noticed yesterday that a third Queen Margherita will soon be opening. This one in Portugal Village...

photo.jpg

Also, Davy Love's new spot - The Bristol - is now open in The Great Hall.
http://www.torontolife.com/daily-dish/openings/2014/06/09/the-bristol-toronto-restaurants/

He's promising the same great brunch menu as they had at the late The Bristol Yard (by Christie Pits), but more beers on tap, plus curry dinners! He's teamed with owner of Wrong Bar for this.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 923
Last edited:
Yorkville restasurant, Sorrel, which was destroyed by a fire earlier in the year will be reopening in the Rosedale area at the end of the summer according to their website.

The late Kim Moon Bakery on Dundas at Huron has been lightly remodeled/spruced up inside and seems set to reopen. The old sign is still hanging outside.

Back