News   Apr 18, 2024
 303     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 367     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Yes, I was by there today, it's called Eggsmart. It actually looks pretty attractive on the outside. Helluva lot better than the Coffeetime. I wonder if they also own this chain.

I just checked the address on their website and it's the same as Coffee Time's. I remember hearing awhile back that Coffee Time wanted to start up a new chain selling premium coffee similar to Starbucks. I guess they went the breakfast route instead. Probably a bit safer.

Okay, makes sense. Because for ages, the notices within indicated that CT was closed for renos, rather than for good...

High-end Indian restaurant Jaaadu at Yonge and St. Clair has been turned into a Chef of India. I assume it's a scion of the Y/Eg Chef of India. I'm not surprised, I've never seen more than two tables busy at that place, even at lunch. The resto turnover at Yonge and St. Clair is quite astonishing. You'd think that a spot that has a sizeable office lunch crowd and a wealthy residential population would be good for restos.

Hasn't the centre of gravity shifted to Ossington?

It's not like everyone does or even could head just to one street to eat. Just because Ossington is buzzing these days does not mean that every high end restaurant located somewhere else in town is about to shut down.

Here's hoping Jamie Kennedy stays afloat!

It's only now that I noticed that Cerealicious has vanished from Brookfield Place. (Now, *there's* the perfect food-courty gimmick to be done in by the financial crisis.)

Yonge & Eglinton has many vacancies, but several new entries to the fold.

@Broadway, several new "restaurants" are opening soon:

dsc00505q.jpg

dsc00506m.jpg

Last edited:
Probably because it's for tourists. Particularly people from the U.S. who want to feel like they're not too far from home when they visit another country.

But there's another Hard Rock Cafe on Yonge.

I just checked the address on their website and it's the same as Coffee Time's. I remember hearing awhile back that Coffee Time wanted to start up a new chain selling premium coffee similar to Starbucks. I guess they went the breakfast route instead. Probably a bit safer.

Hopefully they clean those new windows that they installed more than once a year.

Back