News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 606     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Residence for the Sisters of St. Joseph (2 O'Connor Dr, 4s, Shim-Sutcliffe) COMPLETE

WOW. This is absolutely stunning. Thanks for showing these updates or I would never have known about this development. I really hope it's part of Doors Open in a future year or has an open house sometime!

Project looks best is early morning or early evening light, especially the Chapel. Wood Fin Mockup is in the Chapel, 8 m tall !!!!

Copper is going in along Top and Bottom of Curtainwall, when finished, the South Perimeter will have a Corten Eyebrow Installed

Tile work has started at North West , and prep started as you can see on the Concrete Privacy wall

North and South side are a dichotomy of Materials, and attitude, south glass side is industrial and menacing with the fins, the north is tranquil and flowing with the brick.

2 O'Connor

I live about 500 ft from this construction project and it is BEAUTIFUL. They are installing all the copper facing now and it is really gorgeous...can't wait for it to be finished. They are doing a superb job!!

thedeepend:

Can't thank you enough for these photos - the building is pure sex. Wonder if it will be covered by international arch journals.

AoD

Last edited:
thedeepend:

One can only wish buildings like these gets more attention, instead of that certain poorly conceptualized, designed and built spandrel-fest on Yonge.

AoD

I am speechless. This building is outstanding - if tomorrow's as warm as forecasted, I'm gonna have to bike across town and see it for myself!

Wow, I'd love to see what they could do in the EDL. Great materials and textures, and it's got some interesting design features without being gimmicky and hokey. We need more of this in the city!

Back